Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Rav4 Sport 4WD
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disclaimer: Myself nor Toyotanation are not liable or responsible for any damage or injury that may result from use of the DIY.

You can remove the rear bench seat for cleaning crumbs under the seat and/or get to the fuel pump and/or get to the top mounts of the rear struts.

Lift up on the bench seat. There are two clips, one on each side toward the door. You can remove the latch to get to the fuel pump.

Remove the bolt from the rear side bolster.

Lift up the side bolster and pull it out to get to the rear strut mount.

·
Press hard, four copies!
2004 Camry LE Ltd Ed
989 Posts
The plastic insert in your first photo, the one that the u-hook on bottom of seat snaps in to, can be fragile.

In my 2004, one of the clips cracked as I pried the seat bench up. Will get a replacement from the stealer. I think it is old age and Texas summers that caused it to fatigue to the point of failure.

·
Press hard, four copies!
2004 Camry LE Ltd Ed
989 Posts
Any chance you have a DIY pending on removing the 60/40 rear setback? I need to do that and then split it into its component pieces (left/right/armrest) to swap out the leather seat coverings.

·
Registered
2007 Rav4 Sport 4WD
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have any picture but once you remove the bench seat, you can then remove a couple of bolts at the bottom of the back seats and remove the 60/40 back sections.

·
Press hard, four copies!
2004 Camry LE Ltd Ed
989 Posts
do the separate fairly easily into the three sections? Any clue as to what is involved in pulling off leather and replacing it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.