Toyota Nation Forum banner
21 - 40 of 116 Posts
Stpd Q, so is the intake manf on a 3vz and 1mz the same pattern t/b too???

The Plenum ro Manifold bolting is the same between the 2 motors. :)
I'd rate that as "who knew" as I doubt you find a another major engine redesign where a auto manufacture left crap like that alone. I mean simple change in spacing, angles, blah blah blah and this just bacame a major fab job.

So, how's it run? What's left?

:thumbsup: i approve of this thread :thumbsup:

that is amazing...and the fact that trd4life is making the s/c kits for the 1mz that means those will fit 3vzs also :eek: also it looks like the s/c sits lower in your car?

could a 4cyl mount have worked for the dogbone?

awsome job guys :clap:

Looks like it's meant to be there, which is always how it should look. :thumbsup:

The 3VZ and 1MZ are pretty similar in operation, but I'm fonder of the 3VZ for forced induction since it can take detonation like a champ. Especially so with something like that hot-air blow dryer TRD SC. :lol: I really wish it came intercooled (for the 1MZ).

But, congrats. It's beautiful. I might S/C my 1MZ MR2 one of these days, but I have to relearn how to drive the damn car first. :lol:

Since the 3VZ allows more revs than the Gen4 1MZs, I wonder how hot that intake charge is going to get at 7000rpm. You'll be fighting with a hot intake charge and the heat generated by the pistons. Fuel, and more fuel? :)
vv Link vv
RB Racing water injection

I posted that link in this thread M90 Eaton SC on a 1MZ?!?!?!?
Adam, any progress on that?

Here's an excerpt from this page. Fitting for 91MR2's post.

>> Water or water/alcohol/methanol does not make power...superchargers and turbochargers make power. The cooling effect of the water injection only allows you to run higher boost pressures and leaner mixtures without engine damage. The increased density or higher pressure ratio is what makes the power, not the water.

This is frickin insane. I saw the video on my youtube subs before I saw the thread on TN. Good job Cody! I don't have the bravery to take on a project like that right now. Or money. :lol:

Epic thread already. may this be stickied for future generations cuz this is only getting bigger.

Discussion starter · #36 ·
F'g Awsome!

I'm jealous!

Stpd Q, so is the intake manf on a 3vz and 1mz the same pattern t/b too???

That's just not right! Boost with proof! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
yes, the reason why it's possible is the fact that the 3VZ TB and 1MZ intake manifold pattern and TB are the same,

Discussion starter · #40 ·
Looks like it's meant to be there, which is always how it should look. :thumbsup:

The 3VZ and 1MZ are pretty similar in operation, but I'm fonder of the 3VZ for forced induction since it can take detonation like a champ. Especially so with something like that hot-air blow dryer TRD SC. :lol: I really wish it came intercooled (for the 1MZ).

But, congrats. It's beautiful. I might S/C my 1MZ MR2 one of these days, but I have to relearn how to drive the damn car first. :lol:

Since the 3VZ allows more revs than the Gen4 1MZs, I wonder how hot that intake charge is going to get at 7000rpm. You'll be fighting with a hot intake charge and the heat generated by the pistons. Fuel, and more fuel? :)
thanks for the info! i noticed! the engine bay is hotter now. but it's not really making the coolant temp rise higher. I do believe meth is fundamental to protecting the motor though.

and lastly, i'm very grateful to u MR2 guys for discovering that the SC will work on the 3VZ :thumbsup:

21 - 40 of 116 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.