Toyota Nation Forum banner
101 - 116 of 116 Posts
Quote:Originally Posted by EEngineer
lol, so u'd be fine if ur engine bay was smoking up like a chimney on the highway?

I mean, yeah. It tends to do that anyway.

I mean, yeah. It tends to do that anyway.
Thanks, I needed a laugh!

EE,
I see you ditched the dampening shock and went for "solid connection"

So is your rear mount and the tranny mount polyurethane too?

Nice work Cody:thumbsup: The rolla is almost done, just exhaust left now and little interior. Going to try and make it for the east end june meet and hope you bring this out there.

Nice work man glad you had some good friends to help you with the fab work and installation. Ur using the emanage ultimate? How do you like it? Im thinking about picking one up since 1 is listed on Craigslist near me for $125. Can't wait to see some numbers and maybe some video clips.

Discussion starter · #110 ·
How much HP's is your 3VZFE makin now?
no idea yet, about to find out in a few

Nice work man glad you had some good friends to help you with the fab work and installation. Ur using the emanage ultimate? How do you like it? Im thinking about picking one up since 1 is listed on Craigslist near me for $125. Can't wait to see some numbers and maybe some video clips.
emanage ultimate made my car rev high during idle.....but i'm still not too sure about wat the problem was...
however, everything else has been absolutely amazing with it.
for $125.....u'd make sure it gets fully chcked out by a tuner who has it installed on another car first...
i paid $450 for mine

Bringing back this cryptic thread!!!!!!!

I have some questions about the swap, I know since this you've parted the camry, but I still figure you the go to guy. I want to sc my camry, but I live in cali, how did this affect your emissions? And without an egr there's no way a smog station would pass me, let alone if I had a sc under the hood. Do you think its possible for someone who lives in as restrictive of a state as cali to do this? And one more thing, is that intake you have the weapon r intake?

Discussion starter · #112 ·
Bringing back this cryptic thread!!!!!!!

I have some questions about the swap, I know since this you've parted the camry, but I still figure you the go to guy. I want to sc my camry, but I live in cali, how did this affect your emissions? And without an egr there's no way a smog station would pass me, let alone if I had a sc under the hood. Do you think its possible for someone who lives in as restrictive of a state as cali to do this? And one more thing, is that intake you have the weapon r intake?
well, here's the old dilemma on to mod or not to mod. it's all an personal choice.
but if you do want to do the emission test the legal way with the supercharger, i'd say you better have two cats or maybe even three!

I do know that the TRD S/C came with some sort of emission exemption papers but i don't know to what degree it helps and to me it's a whole grey area.

for me, i did emissions before i slapped on the supercharger and now i don't have a cat at all, next emission is going to be a "purchase" lol

however, since it's a 92, i think my next emission is going to be the last one under the provincial law.

well, here's the old dilemma on to mod or not to mod. it's all an personal choice.
but if you do want to do the emission test the legal way with the supercharger, i'd say you better have two cats or maybe even three!

I do know that the TRD S/C came with some sort of emission exemption papers but i don't know to what degree it helps and to me it's a whole grey area.

for me, i did emissions before i slapped on the supercharger and now i don't have a cat at all, next emission is going to be a "purchase" lol

however, since it's a 92, i think my next emission is going to be the last one under the provincial law.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing for emissions. If it blows within parameters we have a guy here that doesn't care about visual. Which I know is what will fail with no egr. Cats are easy, test pipe weld kits that you bolt on and off every two years(smog law in cali) I don't know how my car is going to do as it is with ported heads, I've heard both that it will be fine and that its going to be off. My cat is good so hopefully it does its job when I smog next year. I wish I could have a cut n dry smog exemption.
As far as the intake was that a weapon r? I'm interested in getting one as I had one on my 10G corolla and I loved it, but i don't know if the tube is short enough.

Discussion starter · #114 ·
no no, my intake is custom made. I pieced it together and got my friends at the local tuner shop to weld me a 3" piece with 3 ports for breather, IAC and PS idle up.
intakes are just pipes man, i don't know why people pay hundreds of dollars for intakes lol.

no no, my intake is custom made. I pieced it together and got my friends at the local tuner shop to weld me a 3" piece with 3 ports for breather, IAC and PS idle up.
intakes are just pipes man, i don't know why people pay hundreds of dollars for intakes lol.
I know the feeling...

i half modded the original and made new parts as well..

Just remember that u want a good seal with no gaps... engines tend not to like dust on the inside :p

I agree, on my runner I did the isr removal and used custom piping to help flow, and on my.current setup I customized the stock hose to fit my custom maf adapter. I want the weapon r for smog reasons, and on my corolla I couldn't find a custom pipe that would fit my afm. Weapon r includes a carb sticker which I need

101 - 116 of 116 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.