Toyota Nation Forum banner

DIY: Install a shift boot in your Corolla!

25K views 56 replies 18 participants last post by  hyunatl 
#1 ·
There have been a lot of threads asking how to install a shift boot or how to take apart the dash. In the following video I show how to install a shift boot in a Corolla with a auto transmission. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

#6 ·
as you said, there are 1000's, you can get any color stitching you want. His is blue to tie in with everything else, I would get white, gray or black to go with mine if I do end up doing this. His has the elastic bottom, but as far as which one he got, i'm unsure of that.

#8 ·
Here is my video on this mod

#21 ·
Random question not concerning the topic of the thread lol. But what kind of adhesive did you use for the "Corolla" emblem? Part of my CF Dash kit is coming off, and I need to find a interior friendly adhesive that wouldn't mess up the interior trim pieces if the whole CF trim comes off.

Any other recommendations are welcome! :D

#23 ·
I'm assuming he debadged the "Corolla" emblem from his car and stuck it there in his interior. Btw, back to the subject, are there any TRD shift knobs that can be purchased and fit the auto trans?

#31 ·
There is a guy on cardomain who used the oem shift knob. Trdmenace is the username. I was just gonna leave only the shift ball b.c. it reminded me of an is300 but the boot makes it look real clean.

#40 · (Edited)
+1. I'm loving the red stitching. :chug: I also ordered the VW Jetta shift boot in red stitching, but I'm currently waiting for it to come in (ordered it last week Wednesday). Did you have to zip-tie the top of the shift boot to hold it to any dust seal for the shift knob to connect?

#35 ·
Rotate around the boot. It will look better.

#37 ·
I have had mine in for a few months now. Check a page back. I Also have the second DIY video posted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.