Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Here's a DIY on installing LED bumper lights from Prestigious Society.
http://www.prestigioussociety.com/?page_id=980

I'm a Sienna owner so naturally I have one already for my SE.

The venzas are the same one as the non-SE siennas and lots of the sienna guys are also running these lights.

===========================================================

Fortunately, for this DIY, there are NO taillights or bumper removal.

You'll need:
1. Philips screwdriver
2. Plier
3. Creeper, rag, rug, cardboard whatever necessary to lay down to
remove/install the reflectors. Or just man up and lay on the ground:D
4. 30 approximately for each side
5. Clothes hanger to fish the wire. If you don't have one, steal one from your parent's closet or get a shirt dry cleaned for $1.50 and you'll get one for free. This was brought up by lburton-thanks!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

On to the DIY:thanks:

Please feel free to make any constructive criticisms on helping others to make this DIY any better in addition to how I did this installation.

1. Remove OEM bumper reflector. Sorry, I had no picture for this.
Under the bumper, you need to remove 1 philip screw towards to the outer bumper (circled in red).

Insert P.S. LED lights and tuck wire through the opening (purple arrow). You will fish this wire up into the bumper.

Here's the driver side.

2. Here's the wire dangling so you can see where the LED reflector wire is going.

3. Remove this cover to fish the wires through here and to expose the taillight harness.

4. Behind the white insulation (not seen) are the 2 bulbs/harness that you have take out.
You need to remove both so there will be enough slack to crimp the wires.
Twist to the left to remove.

5. Here is the direction of where the wires will go through with a trusty coat hanger (in white).

6. You're going to fish the wire in between the bumper and the trunk rubber seal. Pull the seal to leave some room for the wires to go through.

***Be careful since there will be some black grease in the seal ***

Bend the coat hanger at the end grasping the wires (or you can tie the wires around the bent hanger).

7. Success!

8. And here's the passenger side for reference.

9. When the wires are fished through, you'll need to crimp the P.S. LED wires to the OEM Taillight harness (top) with the supplied red crimps.

I cut out the ends of the P.S. LED wires so there are no wires exposed. Sorry that this picture shows the frayed wires exposed.

VENZA_____________________ P.S. LED Lights

Green/White stripe-----------> RED

White/Black stripe------------> BLACK

Green-----------------------> YELLOW

10. Test your running light and brake light to ensure everything is secure and correct.

Just like oem, running light won't be as bright as the brake light. When braking, it will be brighter.

Enjoy your new mod:thanks:

·
Just getting started...
1,473 Posts
Excellent write-up!!

Do these have a bright/dim feature? so they run with running lights and get brighter with brake lights?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Excellent write-up!!

Do these have a bright/dim feature? so they run with running lights and get brighter with brake lights?
Yes, they function as running light and get brighter when the brake is applied. I also have the same one installed in my Sienna. I initially bought one from eBay but only lasted for a few months before LED started to went out here and there. So I decided to try the one by Prestigious Society and the finished and quality was way better than the eBay one. Highly recommended!

·
2,878 Posts
gs3tek,
Thanks for the thread. I just finished installing these and it was super easy with your steps. If I would have found these on my own, I probably wouldn't have bought them because they say you have to remove the tail lights and bumper to install them. That would have been way too much for me to deal with, but like I said, piece of cake with your post!

The biggest problem I had was actually finding a wire hanger, everything in my closet is plastic. I had to go to the hall closet to find possibly the last wire hanger in my house!

·
Just getting started...
1,473 Posts
The biggest problem I had was actually finding a wire hanger, everything in my closet is plastic. I had to go to the hall closet to find possibly the last wire hanger in my house!
I had the same issue when I did my first sound system, I used the last wire hanger in the house and now it's got a permanent spot n my garage as a tool. :lol:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
22 Participants
Bensonc
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing