Toyota Nation Forum banner

661 - 680 of 707 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 Corolla S Prem
3,616 Posts
Hmm, thinks its you. Takes me to an ebay page for
Both links redirect me to VigLink sites...
I can load ebay and input the item number and it loads fine, but both links are redirecting here (chrome).

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Wow! When you hover over the link, are you seeing the ebay.com/....... in the lower left hand corner of your browser?

You may have a virus lurking, browser redirect thing.

·
Premium Member
2016 Corolla S Prem
3,616 Posts
Wow! When you hover over the link, are you seeing the ebay.com/....... in the lower left hand corner of your browser?
Yep

You may have a virus lurking, browser redirect thing.
Work machine, (city's IT network, brand new 2 weeks ago)... don't even have any browser extensions on this one yet.

I'll have to try it at home and see what I get.

·
Premium Member
2016 Corolla S Prem
3,616 Posts
Both links work here.
Could be because of the links going to the .ca domain? Shouldn't be an issue on my gov't machine but who knows what IT does over there.

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-2015-Tacoma-Cruise-harness-for-M-T-/201296325558?hash=item2ede322bb6:g:nNgAAOSw-jhUAOUk&vxp=mtr

Sorry try this link. I got the wires in but having one heck of a time trying to figure out what goes where. Does anyone have directions hopefully with pictures for installing this on a 2013 Tacoma. Ive tried using the directions from Rostra but cant figure it out with the ebay wiring.
I believe that I made a sketch when I did mine and will hunt around for it. You are going to have to do one section at a time. If you have an auto vs manual your life will be easier. Did the ebay kit not come with any instructions?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I believe that I made a sketch when I did mine and will hunt around for it. You are going to have to do one section at a time. If you have an auto vs manual your life will be easier. Did the ebay kit not come with any instructions?

The ebay kit did not come with instructions but the seller has been walking me through it. Its a manual so it has the added complication of wiring the clutch switch. I only have two more connectors that I cant figure out how they attach. Once I get done I will do a writeup so others can follow along with for the 2013 Tacoma. This thread is good but it is so large that it is hard to locate the information for your specific model. I will contact a moderator and see if I can start a new thread just for the 2013 Tacoma with the manual only.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
...Its a manual so it has the added complication of wiring the clutch switch. I only have two more connectors that I cant figure out how they attach....
Sounds like you are making good progress. Holler if you are hung up on something. You have probably figured this out but the clutch switch needs to be adjusted so its plunger breaks electrical contact when the pedal is ever-so-lightly depressed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
blue wires.jpg

I attached the spade connector(#2) to the clutch switch, page 6 figure 21, and wire(#3) to pin 9 on the ECM according to the Rostra instructions page 7, figure 26. The instructions uses a t-tap to attach the clutch wire to the terminal on page 6, figure 23. I cannot figure out where or how to attach the connectors(#1 and #4) on page 6, figure 22.

http://www.rostra.com/manuals/250-1836_Form5188F.pdf
Ive been using this as a reference.

·
Premium Member
05 Tacoma 4x4 DC LB
14,099 Posts
Once I get done I will do a writeup so others can follow along with for the 2013 Tacoma. This thread is good but it is so large that it is hard to locate the information for your specific model. I will contact a moderator and see if I can start a new thread just for the 2013 Tacoma with the manual only.

Please do when you get it done. I'd be happy to add it to the stickies for others.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
View attachment 117514

I attached the spade connector(#2) to the clutch switch, page 6 figure 21, and wire(#3) to pin 9 on the ECM according to the Rostra instructions page 7, figure 26. The instructions uses a t-tap to attach the clutch wire to the terminal on page 6, figure 23. I cannot figure out where or how to attach the connectors(#1 and #4) on page 6, figure 22.

http://www.rostra.com/manuals/250-1836_Form5188F.pdf
Ive been using this as a reference.
The pic of your wires show a shorter piece, and much longer piece. The much longer one looks to be one needed to cross the cab to the other side and connect at the ECU. However the type of terminals they use have me wondering their intended use as they are not the OEM type. I suppose you could use the spade terminal at the Clutch Cancel Switch but the other end is not the right kind to tap in to the 1C connector. So......beats me You may have to modify the ends.

This should help. I will approach this part of the wiring circuit with a summary first.

Summary:
what you will be doing is taping power at Pin 14 of the 1C connector and routing it ultimately to the engine ECU by way of the Clutch Cancel Switch with the Clutch Cancel Switch acting as a power break.

Wire from Drivers J/B to the Clutch Cancel Switch Pin 1
On page 6 of your instructions, there is only one connection to be made per Fig. 22.

Access the Driver's Side J/B (junction box). It is located behind the coin tray on the lower left trim panel beneath all the buttons. Open the tray and just lift it up to remove -- its bottom hinges just grab a piece of the trim panel.

Behind the coin tray you will be looking at that configuration of small fuses and connectors illustrated on your Fig. 22. You want to locate the 1C connector. If you are looking at the junction box it is a vertical oriented 18-pin connector located on the left side midway between a 6-pin connector above it and a 11-pin connector beneath. With the 1C connector plugged in, Pin 14 is on the left vertical row 5 spaces up from the bottom. From the bottom, the pins are 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18 being the top.

Pin 14 should be a light green wire. You want to tap in to the light green wire and run the wire to Pin 1 of the Clutch Cancel Switch.

Wire from Clutch Cancel Switch Pin 2 to Engine ECU

At the Clutch Cancel Switch, Pin 2 should have a wire run to Pin 27 of the E14 connector (for the V-6), or Pin 9 of the E22 connector (for the 4cyl.) located behind the glove box.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This should help. I will approach this part of the wiring circuit with a summary first.

Summary:
what you will be doing is taping power at Pin 14 of the 1C connector and routing it ultimately to the engine ECU by way of the Clutch Cancel Switch with the Clutch Cancel Switch acting as a power break.

Wire from Drivers J/B to the Clutch Cancel Switch Pin 1
On page 6 of your instructions, there is only one connection to be made per Fig. 22.

Access the Driver's Side J/B (junction box). It is located behind the coin tray on the lower left trim panel beneath all the buttons. Open the tray and just lift it up to remove -- its bottom hinges just grab a piece of the trim panel.

Behind the coin tray you will be looking at that configuration of small fuses and connectors illustrated on your Fig. 22. You want to locate the 1C connector. If you are looking at the junction box it is a vertical oriented 18-pin connector located on the left side midway between a 6-pin connector above it and a 11-pin connector beneath. With the 1C connector plugged in, Pin 14 is on the left vertical row 5 spaces up from the bottom. From the bottom, the pins are 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18 being the top.

Pin 14 should be a light green wire. You want to tap in to the light green wire and run the wire to Pin 1 of the Clutch Cancel Switch.

Wire from Clutch Cancel Switch Pin 2 to Engine ECU

At the Clutch Cancel Switch, Pin 2 should have a wire run to Pin 27 of the E14 connector (for the V-6), or Pin 9 of the E22 connector (for the 4cyl.) located behind the glove box.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Taco 09. I have the long blue wire attached to Pin 9 of the E22 ECU Connector and the other end routed back to the the 1C Connector but not attached. My new question is where are the Pin #1 and #2 of the Clutch Cancel Switch? And I take it that the eBay seller should have included some type of T-tap. He never responded back about why the terminals are the way they are and how he expected them to tie in at the 1C connector.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Disregard my last reply. I figured it out and got it installed. I will have to sit down tonight or over the next few nights and do a write up for the 2013 Tacoma w/ Manual.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So, are you telling us that everything works now??

Yeah, it is working 100%. I cut the factory clutch switch wire terminal off and put the wires from the kit in it. I cut the spade connector off and connected it with a splice connector to the 1C Connector. I have a mess of pictures to sort through to create a guide but I will have it posted in a few days. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
One of the best guides out there... Thanks!

Sadly the links to access the clutch bolt are missing (and so the pictures)... I tried and is almost impossible to reach the bolt with a tool... I think it's mandatory to remove the panels and fuse box to access but have no idea how to do that... Any ideas or new links/guides?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
One of the best guides out there... Thanks!

Sadly the links to access the clutch bolt are missing (and so the pictures)... I tried and is almost impossible to reach the bolt with a tool... I think it's mandatory to remove the panels and fuse box to access but have no idea how to do that... Any ideas or new links/guides?
Are you able to post some pics of a few things? If so I can guide you along. What would help is to grab a pic of the left door sill with the door open, then the lower part of the dash on the on the driver's side where the push buttons are and then to the right of the steering wheel. Label them as 1,2,3,4... or however you like so that I can reference a specific pic. No need to go crazy on the number of pics.

661 - 680 of 707 Posts