Toyota Nation Forum banner

681 - 700 of 707 Posts

·
Smoothsailing14
1 Posts
Air bag light on

I installed the stem and wiring and the Cruise light comes on, great! But now the airbag light is on too. I have not installed the clutch pedal switch yet, so the cruise does not work yet either.

I removed the black wire and harness from the single slot on the steering wheel, which was attached to the ground on the air bag, and replaced it with the harness that came with the stalk. I reattached the ground wire to the airbag.

So why is the airbag light on?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I installed the stem and wiring and the Cruise light comes on, great! But now the airbag light is on too. I have not installed the clutch pedal switch yet, so the cruise does not work yet either.

I removed the black wire and harness from the single slot on the steering wheel, which was attached to the ground on the air bag, and replaced it with the harness that came with the stalk. I reattached the ground wire to the airbag.

So why is the airbag light on?
It would help a bunch if you couldprovide some info. about your vehicle. Year, submodel, engine, manual, manual or auto, etc.

AND WELCOME TO THE FORUMS.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I installed my switch this morning, 2007 Tacoma 4 cyl. 2wd auto, and my cruise works but my horn doesn't. What'd I miss?
Mine did the same exact thing. You have to take that ground cable and incorporate it into the wiring harness for the cruise control stalk. Put the ground plug back into spot and see exactly where the wire is and put it in the same spot on new harness.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No Dice ? ... I tried the cheapo switch and wire from eBay, but it didn’t work on my 2013 reg. cab, auto. Then I picked up the OEM parts, hooked them up,...still no cruise light on the instrument panel. I’m wondering if my truck is missing something in the chassis harness for this option. Anybody experiencing the same problem?

·
Premium Member
2016 Corolla S Prem
3,616 Posts
I've read that the Mexican production (so anything after 2010) is missing a wire that goes from the base of the steering column to the ECU.
It can be installed without too much effort, but I no longer have a reference for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
After doing a bunch more research, it looks like I need two wires, one for ground from the S8 connector, and a brown one to go from the S8 to the ECM near the glove box. The connectors on the ends of those wires have me baffled as to where to get them. The premade wires from an eBay seller is $80. I wonder if I could make them myself if I had the connector ends and a crimper...

·
Registered
08 Taco DC 4x4 6spmt
9 Posts
Ok so. After reading about 400 of the posts i did not see if anyone has had this issue...but then again i dont read so well.
I have a 08 4x4 6sp mt dc 4.0..with a clutch start cancel switch installed. Am I able to add this CC or...I am not sure if the two are even related. I wouldnt think so..but its a calculated risk and I am bad at math.

update- i found the little connector to attach the 84633-04020 wire... i cannot locate the clutch switch.
it is made in the peoples republic of california.
i got behind the airbag. i of course took a photo of the inside of the wheel..and perfectly covered the connector...

·
Registered
08 Taco DC 4x4 6spmt
9 Posts
I have definitely see that! Thank you for clearing that up. I had an inkling of what it was. soo..i dont need to order one to add CC? is it possible with the clutch cancel? or is this a whole monster I should avoid?

·
Premium Member
2016 Corolla S Prem
3,616 Posts
Honestly couldn't tell you.
My California-built 2008 5-lug regular cab automatic was plug-and-play... I installed the stalk and it was up and running.

·
Registered
08 Taco DC 4x4 6spmt
9 Posts
so to be clear, the first photo with my hand is the clutch switch..which is i believe wired to the clutch start cancel switch.

second photo is a connector 90 degrees to the left on the fender side, what the foop is this?

i guess the real question is can you run cc with that clutch cancel?

Attachments

·
Registered
08 Taco DC 4x4 6spmt
9 Posts
I appreciate the silence, it has given me a greater opportunity to scrutinize the sheer stupidity in my question.:facepalm: I was thinking the clutch cancel switch WAS the clutch switch required for the cruise...as it appears this is not the case.:cursin: I have answered my own question. Thank you to all that helped haha. :raar:

in my defense my wife was out of town and I was catching up on discovering the local beer scene..sooooo...wasnt thinking in the clearest of states..

681 - 700 of 707 Posts