Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Formula One Fanatic
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm tired of looking at my ripped up shift boot and i'm too cheep to buy one from a speed shop, so i decided to make my own tonight. i got the plastic piece off the center console alright, but then i got stuck. how do you get the leather (fake leather?) off of the base without breaking the plastic holder on the inside? or do you have to break the grey plugs to get it out? if so, how do you get it back on?

also, does anyone know what the boot is made out of and where i can get that material? has anyone done this?

many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
you have to break the little grey pieces. they are like plasic screws that were melted, so you have to carefully break just the heads off, then you can just epoxy the tops after you do your replacement. you need to keep the rest of the grey pieces to hold your new boot on and in place.

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
I just paid the money for a custom one. Black leather with red stitching that matches my TRD shift knob perfectly. Stop being cheap and get soemthing that looks nice and will last a long time. :thumbup:

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
ya i wanna do somtin like that in my solara, the leather seems so baggy, like they put to big of a piece on it

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
I made a baggy synth. leather boot for my corolla. Took some material. Then measured the top end hole. Drew "triangular pieces" then cut the material, sew it on. THen took glue onto the black plastic attachment ring, glued it on stuck it in my car. :) Done

1 - 6 of 6 Posts