Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cruise control
2015 Toyota Corolla
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello TN Corolla forum,

I was wondering if anyone out there has replaced their head unit with the Kenwood DNX574s?
I replaced mine with that model but have not had any luck mirroring my cell phone to that head unit.
I've searched the Net and YouTube...found related articles and videos but nothing covering that particular model.
Just stinks spending so much $$$ on the unit and not having cell phone mirroring to work.

Any and all input in the matter is greatly appreciated.

Happy 4th of July!

·
Cruise control
2015 Toyota Corolla
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, I've read the manual but didn't see instructions for mirroring.
I have a Samsung S5 running Android 6.0.1. (the latest OS - for my phone...no updates are currently available).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yep, I've read the manual but didn't see instructions for mirroring.
I have a Samsung S5 running Android 6.0.1. (the latest OS - for my phone...no updates are currently available).
Assuming you have the Android Auto app installed on your phone? Looks like the instructions just say to connect the phone via USB cable. Maybe the USB cables aren't connected correctly on the back of the unit?

·
Cruise control
2015 Toyota Corolla
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The USB cable is connected correctly. I updated the firmware via USB.
I have Android Auto. I have some functionality running that program (I can run nav apps such as Google Maps and Waze).
However, just plugging my phone in via USB does not provide automatic mirroring.
There should be a way to select Air Mirroring (via BT) vs hard-wiring mirroring on the head unit. I have not found those option items in the menus on the DNX574s.
I've seen those options looking up the Kenwood smartphone control app demonstrated on a different head unit on YouTube.
However, I have not seen those options for my phone (S5) connected to the DNX574s on my 2015 Toyota Corolla.

Before I bought the unit, I requested what I needed for cell phone mirror from Kenwood. They said I would need the following cables for mirroring:
CA-C3AV
ISHD01
KCA-HD100
EE-HG950DBEGWW

However, the last cable is incorrect. I actually need the 5 pin to 11 pin MHL 3.0 adapter
EE-HN910FWEGWW (to connect to the S5)

So, it looks like I'll have to contact Kenwood support to go through the settings menu in the DNX574s to get cell phone mirroring to work.
Like I mentioned, they do have video out there on YouTube covering the Kenwood smartphone control app, but the settings are different on my head unit.

·
Cruise control
2015 Toyota Corolla
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just talked to Kenwood support (terrible connection...who knows what country their located?)...
Anyway, the customer service rep. said that the only way to enable mirroring for this particular unit is through connecting the cables above to my S5.
It's a pretty convoluted setup, but according to Kenwood, as soon as I connect my phone (via that cable combination) my phone will automatically mirror.
I asked if I'll have to enable it via menu items, and the rep. said no. Interesting. I am skeptical, so we'll see.
I am waiting on that MHL 3.0 cable. I'll report back with my success or failure of this setup.
Hopefully someone in the community has had success.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts