Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had it on the hoist and spun one tire and the other spun the oposite way .... does that mone there is no LSD in it ?

I have a FWD Mazda with a visous LSD and the tire spins the same way ....

Are there any good factory upgradable options ( other car model LSDs ) that would drop into my car ?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
LSD was not an option in Canadian market AE86s. Sorry.

edit: they were available in US market cars, but you may as well just buy an aftermarket unit.

·
Proud Ae86 owner.
86 and RHD EF CIVIC
0 Posts
4Aaron Ge what is that logo in your avatar

its on my oil cap on old gts

·
Druken Postwhore
AE92GTS
2,490 Posts
^funny, how the old oil cap has that symbol, and i swapped my oil cap with the 1st gen camry one....

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,665 Posts
Have you tried licking one yet??? :D

·
Shit Disturber
249 Posts
Red_85_AE86 said:
I had it on the hoist and spun one tire and the other spun the oposite way .... does that mone there is no LSD in it ?

I have a FWD Mazda with a visous LSD and the tire spins the same way ....

Are there any good factory upgradable options ( other car model LSDs ) that would drop into my car ?
Canadian coupe ae86's have it... feel like kicking yourself in the nuts or would never drive a coupe? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hopeful, I have a coupe. It doesn't have it.

I'm also looking at a scan of the 1987 sales brochure, and the LSD is not listed as standard or as an option.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is there a rear end that drops in easy or LSD unit that bolts up ?

I heard people say supra rear ends .... but i want some pix and info on hwo to do it.

·
Shit Disturber
249 Posts
4Aaron GE said:
Hopeful, I have a coupe. It doesn't have it.

I'm also looking at a scan of the 1987 sales brochure, and the LSD is not listed as standard or as an option.
my sarcasm was a little light... ;)

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
hopeful... :lol:

Red_85_AE86... as far as i know about the celica/supra rear ends is that it's a little on the heavy side. stick with the AE86 rear end just buy a good LSD. TRD, CUSCO, KAAZ are just some big namebrand LSDs on the market. each has pros and cons, do some research first. the supra rear end swap is being done if your making a lot of horsepower for they can take more abuse than the GT-S one.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
those aftermarket LSDs are worth more than my car tought .... 600-1000$

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hopeful: those gas fumes from fixing my tank must be getting to me...... :p

Red, unfortunately, unless you can find one in good shape for sale, you're going to have to get it rebuilt, which will cost another few hundred bucks for parts and labour. Tommi Tiardi on this board is selling one. I have no idea what kind of shape it's in though. Check his ad in classifieds.

·
Proud Ae86 owner.
86 and RHD EF CIVIC
0 Posts
its sold voodoo.priest buy it.

check drifting.com or club4ag

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Red_85_AE86 said:
those aftermarket LSDs are worth more than my car tought .... 600-1000$

trust me... LSDs are not cheap! if you wanna get a used OEM one, if you find one, you have to check it out because most of the time it's in rough shape so by the time you rebuild it you may as well save up get a decent BRAND NEW lsd. just my 0.02 cents. once i get my aftermarket LSD i might be selling my OEM LSD, hehehe ;)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Well .... i guess it is time to start saving up.

I never knew this project was going to start costing this much.

- I got front chamber plates ( 120$ )
- Rear fender flares ( 40$ )
- I need to get shocks and springs and an LSD
- Maybe some solid links later on.

I want a flywheel and ITB and nice exhaust and i think i will be happy for a bit with it .... until i get a stupid swap idea ( IS200 motor, 13B-RE, BPT ... etc )

1 - 16 of 16 Posts