Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so now I just dropped off my car to the shop for the installation of Eibach Pro-kit springs and new 17" ICW rims with 205/50/17 sumitomo tires.

I was asking if I would need a wheel alignment and the person there said I really wouldn't because the drop is so small (~1.1")... you would really need an alignment if the drops were a lot more since there would be a lot more pressure on the tires.

They're gonna call back later this afternoon after the installation gets done, but do you think that I would need an alignment for that drop I'm going to get? The person at the shop said a lotta people with the Eibach pro-kits don't usually get or even need alignments cuz the drop is so small, compared to 2-3" drops.

Please let me know. Thanks!!

·
'10 XRS (05 & 09 XRS RIP)
2010 Corolla XRS
1,570 Posts
Well that's what I thought. That when I put my Process springs (1.5" drop) that I'd need an alignment. So I had it done.

Then I took off the springs and went back to stock (but didn't get an alignment for about 1 month).

Took it in for an alignment - got the report and thought WTF! The before and after report were almost the same. Marginal differences which were all within the specified range.

So now I'm not sure but I think I wasted my alignment $$.

·
'10 XRS (05 & 09 XRS RIP)
2010 Corolla XRS
1,570 Posts
Not sure.

I think you'll need to do it once to see if there's a significant difference. Make sure they give you a report on the "before" and "after" specs so you can compare.

Unfortunately in my case..my first alignment was done at a different place and I didn't get a report. They could have botched the job (or not done it) hence why there was no difference the second time around.

·
Guitars and Cars
2001 Corolla S
3,350 Posts
You don't need an alignment, but some people say do one after any suspension change...But it's kind of expensive to do it just in case. I aggree with the guy at your shop that less than a 1.8" drop you should be fine:thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts