Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Camry XLE
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey TYN! Well I just bought my new wheels and tires for my 98 camry today! Very excited, but i cant mount them yet cuz i need 12mm lugs :disappoin.....oh well, ordered some from amazon and some locks so next week hopefully!...suppose i can assemble my struts and install the sway bar this weekend and have a helluva good next week with the new ride! anyways i was wondering if i will need extended studs in the case of these wheels? They are a +40 offset 18x8.....so if my understanding of offset is correct this is identical to having the stock +45 offset wheels on there with 5mm spacers..yes? if so i would think this would fall into the realm of the old standard of "extended studs with spacers greater than 5mm", therefore i can get away without new studs? Maybe im off on my thought process but thats why im askin lol! Thanks in advance!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1998 Camry XLE
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But that's just the thing, I'm NOT adding a spacer of any kind. I'm simply going to wheels with a +40 instead of +45 offset. No spacers involved in this whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1998 Camry XLE
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perfect, thanks for the clarification! Ordered the lugs and locks so we'll get some pics up after the lower too

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts