Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
OREGONian
92' 4 door Camry
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo guys just wondering if they ever made gen Camry mirror block off base plates, or antenna block off plate for stock antenna on roof. Would call them but they closed atm, thanks.

·
Camry Expert/MR2 JR Xpert
MR2 & 96 V6 Cam
1,201 Posts
I know 1 of the things he is asking...For the DX models...Like my car...there is the roof antenna...He wants to know if they make a plate that allows you to eliminate the antenna and have the plate covering it...

Idk if they would have something like that but I def wouldnt be opposed as I have been trying to come up with a solution other than, (Remove antenna, bondo and sand hole, repaint...) I really dont want to do that but I do hate the antenna there...especially since mine is bent to hell so for now I just push it all the way down...but it looks hideous...

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
Just remove, re-wire, bondo, paint. That's about the only option for DX models.

·
OREGONian
92' 4 door Camry
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And as for the base plate I'm looking to see if they make em so I can buy them if I ever wanted to get some universal fit mirrors and might need them to mount. I'm going to call Toyota up about them tomorrow, but just seeing if anyone know of this till then.

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
Run on sentences make it IMPOSSIBLE to understand you, man.

·
OREGONian
92' 4 door Camry
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
Isn't that illegal...? NEVER seen an USDM car come like that OEM.

·
OREGONian
92' 4 door Camry
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yea cousins usdm civic Ef had one on passenger side. Also i believe that it's needed for a universal dinky carbon fiber mirror to be mounted on.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
You only need a drivers side mirror technically.

·
92 Camry 5S-FE
92 Camry 5S-FE
485 Posts
^ true. Passenger side isn't required. If you were mounting another mirror to it anyways, you could probably just make your own by cutting a piece of plastic to size and painting. Cut then bolt through it into the existing mounting points. If the new mirror covers those bolts, it doesn't matter that you drilled through it.

·
OREGONian
92' 4 door Camry
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just called them and they don't make any plates. As for the antenna, the only option is to replace it with a new one, the costs is 61$.

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
Replace the power antenna with a stationary mast (~$10). The factory power antenna breaks every 4 seconds.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts