Toyota Nation Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iam about to order some 5100's for my truck and wheelers seems the cheapest so far..but do we get a member discount from them any??

·
Registered
'07 DoubleCab 4x4
726 Posts
They've always been more than accommodating for me. I ordered my 5100s from them, and they price matched the best deal I could find. They also sent me a discount link for some Timbrens, but I didn't have the funds at the time. Send them an email, and ask what they can do. Good folks from my experience.

·
Registered
61 Posts
downsouthmotorsports is the best price

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts
I just ordered a rear AAL from Wheelers and I got a discount. I got $5.50 off a $77.50 AAL. Just mentioned your name and that you have great things from them and you will get something I am sure. But for Billies the 5100's are the cheapest @ DSMS + free shipping.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Wheelers is the worst. I had some defective merchandise that I ordered and they would not honor even a store credit. They basically told me to get lost after over charging me as well.
I will never return. Go to DOWN SOUTH MOTORSPORTS and speak with Sonny. He will take care of you waaaaaaaaaaaaay better and get you a better price that is for sure. Forget those losers as Wheelers.

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts
Wheelers is the worst. I had some defective merchandise that I ordered and they would not honor even a store credit. They basically told me to get lost after over charging me as well.
I will never return. Go to DOWN SOUTH MOTORSPORTS and speak with Sonny. He will take care of you waaaaaaaaaaaaay better and get you a better price that is for sure. Forget those losers as Wheelers.

Maybe they didn't like you because you are from Sin City! :naughty: They were fast and answered my e-mails questions. I say :thumbsup:

·
Registered
984 Posts
Trust me......Down South is far better to work with. Once Wheelers has your money, you are yesterdays news. They are full of shit. You see their true colors after the sale after they screwed you for too much money as well.

Go to Downsouthmotorsports.com and check them out. They are accomodating and have great prices. They have accepted a return from me in the past with no questions asked. They even offered to include stuff that I didn't expect with orders I have had through them, such as spanner wrenches. They are great time and time again. Don't roll the dice (this coming from a guy in Vegas) go with Down South Motorsports.

·
Registered
TRD SPT-BSP-A-CAB
7 Posts
I wanted the price of some items from Wheelers, so I e-mailed them a few times, no response. I emailed "Sonny" at DSM and got a quick reply. He has been more than helpful in my opinion, he also gave me a great discount. I asked several questions and he always prompt with his reply. "Great" to deal with.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I wanted the price of some items from Wheelers, so I e-mailed them a few times, no response. I emailed "Sonny" at DSM and got a quick reply. He has been more than helpful in my opinion, he also gave me a great discount. I asked several questions and he always prompt with his reply. "Great" to deal with.
I guess between this quote and what I have to say, That pretty much sums it up.

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts
So now you are saying they are biased on top of being unethical.

Get some tougher skin! Just because you had a bad experience we already know how you feel. You really don't need to use CAPS to get your point across. My experience was a good one and I am happy. I know Sonny and DSMS is great...I would have went through them if I didn't get mine from you since you couldn't seem to make up your mind on your lift. LoL! :clap: I am just as anti-tax as they come and CA has one of the highest @ 8.25% for most of Southern CA. Why pay more for something if I can get it cheaper and the service is just as good! :thumbsup:

·
n00b
2,104 Posts
both companies are good and MANY members have benefited from going through them. if either of them weren't good, then so many members wouldn't have gone with them. i'm pretty sure someone can chime in about a bad experience with DSM, just like how Sin City has a story about Wheelers.

TIP: If you're getting the 5100s, you can benefit from either of the 2 places. If you plan on getting additional suspension lift items (TC UCAS, coils, brake lines, AAL, etc), then Wheelers can possibly get you a discount for getting all of those items altogether.

Good luck on your purchase and your install, and of course, share the pics :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Trust me......Down South is far better to work with. Once Wheelers has your money, you are yesterdays news. They are full of shit. You see their true colors after the sale after they screwed you for too much money as well.

DOWN WITH WHEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to Downsouthmotorsports.com and check them out. They are accomodating and have great prices. They have accepted a return from me in the past with no questions asked. They even offered to include stuff that I didn't expect with orders I have had through them, such as spanner wrenches. They are great time and time again. Don't roll the dice (this coming from a guy in Vegas) go with Down South Motorsports.
I guess between this quote and what I have to say, That pretty much sums it up.

Mr. Kaplan..... NOT very nice at all, They did everything to help you out with this deal. You were extremely un-patient, and un-willing to work with them. Not to mention you told Sonny you had wrecked your truck just so he would feel sorry and give you a discount on the Icons.

IF ANYONE wants to know what really happened, email me. I would love to send the complete story of what happened, along with emails from manufactures, and emails from Kaplan about his concerns and problems with the aforementioned product!!

·
nooB nooB noo
06 Taco
545 Posts
:popcorn:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.