Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
5SFE
'94 Toyota Camry
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna try out a fuel injector cleaner and that other chem that helps with restoring compression. One, does it work? Two, what do I add first? I'mma pick up the chem like a good 6 blocks away, then I gotta do an errand 10 miles away. So, should I dump the engine restorer thingy in my engine first or the injector cleaner? Or both?

·
5SFE
'94 Toyota Camry
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Make sense.... I was reading another forum and the guy is like "this is a simple drop-n-go solution. If you add it at every oil change (about 4 or more) YES, you will get the compression fix they claim" So, I'll just add the fuel injector cleaner.

Any brand recommended for the Fuel Injector Cleaner???

·
Registered
40 Posts
u have to buy or rent a compression tester that screws into your spark plug holes, i usually take all the plugs out then test one cyl at a time.. taking all the plugs out lets the starter spin the motor a lil faster to give u a slightly more accurate reading

·
5SFE
'94 Toyota Camry
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright, well, I took your advice and got the injector cleaner. Valvoline MaxLife at $5.99. I dropped in with a half-tank of gas, headed down half a block and filled up it full at the local Amoco. Meanwhile, I also pulled out the fuse to the EFI, held it out for like... uhhh.. 100 secs then slapped it back in. Did I do it long enough?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.