• yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • no

Votes: 4 57.1%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm hoping they'll decide to offer a V-8 as an option (which ALL competitors still offer) or offer a non - turbo hybrid. I'm not happy about not having a naturally-aspirated option and I suspect much of the Tundra faithful feel the same way.

I love my 2010's 5.7. I don't need more power, but I would welcome better efficiency. So far, I haven't seen a turbocharged vehicle that can maintain its implied fuel economy advantage when being pressed hard (such as while towing) or offer an equivalent level of reliability.

·
Registered
141 Posts
If I had to buy a smaller turbocharged engine to replace my wonderful V-8, it sure as heck had better get awesome gas mileage. I'm not sure that 22 mpg on the highway would be enough to make it worthwhile for me. And I'd expect see a marked improvement in towing mileage, too. Otherwise, the expense of replacing those turbos (or unnecessarily replacing the truck at a low mileage to keep from dealing with turbo issues) wouldn't be worth it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
If I had to buy a smaller turbocharged engine to replace my wonderful V-8, it sure as heck had better get awesome gas mileage. I'm not sure that 22 mpg on the highway would be enough to make it worthwhile for me. And I'd expect see a marked improvement in towing mileage, too. Otherwise, the expense of replacing those turbos (or unnecessarily replacing the truck at a low mileage to keep from dealing with turbo issues) wouldn't be worth it.
Nobody with a f150 powered by the 3.5 gets anywhere close to EPA numbers. Once the boost kicks in so does the fuel pump. Big time,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts