Toyota Nation Forum banner

You put decals on your vehicle?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Smell the Audiophiliacity
05 Tacoma
Joined
·
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get some decals for my truck advertising my use of their products, but I don't want to whore out my truck and make it look like a billboard. Any of you put decals (of any kind) on your vehicle? If so, what are they?
 

·
Midship Captain
1991 MR2 Turbo
Joined
·
1,643 Posts
the only decals i go on my car are 2 Alpine 9" stickers that go on both rear-side windows. They look nice cause they are white on a black tinted backround


oh and i forgot to mention i also have 2 TN stickers
 

·
Registered
98' LGT
Joined
·
1,113 Posts
Not on my camry. Because once you put a sticker on a car these days, your pretty much labeled a ricer. I had stickers on my old truck, from all the performance parts. I think I had "Edlebrock, comp cams, P.A.W., Mopar Performance, and a Ram head.
 

·
Midship Captain
1991 MR2 Turbo
Joined
·
1,643 Posts
meh 1 sticker doesnt hurt.....plus why is everyone so afraid of the word ricer? Someone calls you a ricer....so what? its your car, you aint trying to win a prize. (or are you)

Rice is a matter of opinion, NOT a matter of fact!
 

·
Audiophile on a budget
Joined
·
1,196 Posts
No.

Absolutely no decals.

No need to advertise what I have behind my 5% tint.
 

·
deviate from the absolute
92 toyota camry
Joined
·
4,910 Posts
some yes.....not tons I don the TN windshield sticker.....
 

·
TN god
Joined
·
765 Posts
unless they are giving me free shit, im not advertising for them.

and im sure as hell not putting any audio stickers on!! thats just asking for someone to steal your shit!! you might as well put a sign in your front yard saying you have a 50" plasma TV in your living room.

sometimes less is more.

and is it me, or do you guys shake your head and laugh every time you hear someone call a vehicle a whip? is it not the dumbest fuck'n thing you've ever heard? i think its a prerequisite to have platinum teeth in order to use that term
 

·
Audiophile on a budget
Joined
·
1,196 Posts
Marty McFly said:
and is it me, or do you guys shake your head and laugh every time you hear someone call a vehicle a whip? is it not the dumbest fuck'n thing you've ever heard? i think its a prerequisite to have platinum teeth in order to use that term
Easy there champ... :disappoin

I love my platinum grill yo! :lol:
 

·
Smell the Audiophiliacity
05 Tacoma
Joined
·
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Killin y'all ****** on that lyrical shit/
Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push Miracle Whips
 
2005 Tacoma X-Runner
Joined
·
9,188 Posts
I have one Toyotanation sticker on my back window. No more planned for the future.
 

·
Registered
Camry
Joined
·
6,925 Posts
I'm curious if thieves would even know brands like Ascendant Audio, Helix, Soundstream, MB Quart, etc.

I think they'd be after more popular brands like Sony, Alpine, Pioneer, etc since they are more well known and can probably fetch a higher black market price than lesser known audiophile brands.

I had a Marantz CD player on my home stereo that I picked up at a garage sale that was still in excellent condition and everyone was wondering why I paid so much for a used CD player when I could have got a new Sony or Yamaha unit for the same price. :disappoin . I got it for cheap because the guy thought his toddler broke it. Took it home and found a rubber brand stuck inside that was wrapped around the spindle and slide for the tray. :D
 

·
Audiophile on a budget
Joined
·
1,196 Posts
touringcamry said:
I'm curious if thieves would even know brands like Ascendant Audio, Helix, Soundstream, MB Quart, etc.

I think they'd be after more popular brands like Sony, Alpine, Pioneer, etc since they are more well known and can probably fetch a higher black market price than lesser known audiophile brands.
You're right, but only to a certain degree. Thieves aren't likely to know much about the stuff me, Rob, etc. have in our cars, but the thing is -- THEY DON'T CARE. :sosad:

To them, it's all about stealing it and turning it around for a quick profit. To them Helix is just as shiny as Audiobahn and there's no difference whatsoever.

That's why the only sticker I'll slap on my car -- ever -- is one that says "Protected by Viper Alarms"
 

·
Registered
Camry
Joined
·
6,925 Posts
I guess you have a point there. A friend of mine knew someone in NYC who bought a $4000+ Litespeed mountain bike off a crack head for $50. I guess he just wanted another hit and could careless and probably didn't know what the heck a Litespped bike is or how much it;s worth. BTW, Litespeed bikes are titanium frame, so they are $$$$
 

·
Ninja-rator
Joined
·
4,262 Posts
touringcamry said:
I guess you have a point there. A friend of mine knew someone in NYC who bought a $4000+ Litespeed mountain bike off a crack head for $50. I guess he just wanted another hit and could careless and probably didn't know what the heck a Litespped bike is or how much it;s worth. BTW, Litespeed bikes are titanium frame, so they are $$$$
50 buck litespeed?:eek:
....sooo....umm...where is this crack head and does he take paypal?
 

·
Del The Funky One
Joined
·
763 Posts
Yeah...no. No stickers. Maybe a black sticker on black tint, and it would have to be pretty damn smal too!

My aunt has a black Nissan Altima, with sports package and shit, and its a real good lookin' car. She put a black Superman emblem top center on her rear window. That looks pimp as hell, if you can even notice its there.
 

·
Breakin' necks since '02!
Joined
·
2,330 Posts
I only have my 2 TN stickers on the little window piece on the back windows and a Magnaflow decal just about the muffler on the bumper.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top