Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Toyota Matrix
1,423 Posts
Finally! I'll pick up the TSB from my dealer and get right to work. I happened to notice this for the first time (only owned the car for 18,000 miles) a few days ago when it was warm...I had heard about it before and knew exactly what it was. I discovered that opening the rear window on either side for ~10 seconds to cool the rear of the car was sufficient to arrest the sound for about an hour until it heated up again (this was on a 7 hour trip). Now I know exactly where to go to fix this problem once and for all!

·
19 Corolla HB SE 6-spd
7,661 Posts
T-SB-0141-10 relates to the windshield's upper and lower glass retainers, as in T-SB-NV-009-06.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/36891417/T-SB-0141-10

T-SB-0142-08 is basically the same with the rear glass upper retainers addition:

Rear Upper Glass Stoppers
For removal of Rear Upper Glass Stoppers, refer to Step 1 of Upper Windshield Glass Stoppers.

·
Registered
2013 Toyota Corolla
25 Posts
I watched the video and read TSB. I broke off the tabs as shown. Thanks for the advice - really makes a difference.!!!
One thing I don't understand: "once you break that black click in tab, you must bend the body colored tab that the black tab once passed through (downward) and your done.." Can you explain in which direction to bend the tab: up towards the roof or down towards the seat?

Again - thanks!!

Redd

·
Enthusiast
02 Tacoma
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I watched the video and read TSB. I broke off the tabs as shown. Thanks for the advice - really makes a difference.!!!
One thing I don't understand: "once you break that black click in tab, you must bend the body colored tab that the black tab once passed through (downward) and your done.." Can you explain in which direction to bend the tab: up towards the roof or down towards the seat?

Again - thanks!!

Redd
Just bend it away from the glass a bit (towards seat)
Happy (creakless) motoring. :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.