Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine get water spots.This morning I opened the door and some snow fell in like it always does. Any way it left water spots on my seat. This is not the first time this has happened also durring rain storms. It kinda sux. I was gonna scotch guard them but don't want to have to deal with the smell. Maybe in the summer when I can leave the windows open for like 2 days in a row I'll do it.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Mine have some light stains on the edge that gets dripped on when the door's open. Probably from the salty road spray that is everpresent in the winters around here.

·
The Thread Killer
Taco DC 4X4 SR5
781 Posts

SEAT COVERS! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2005 tacoma trd
866 Posts
yes seat covers i have the toyota ones

·
Registered
848 Posts
I would get the TRD seat covers, but everyone says that the rubbery part gets super hot in the summer.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Leather!

·
Self Proclaimed Genius
762 Posts
I noticed this too. The moisture leaves a darker spot on the seat. I sprayed mine down with some upholstry cleaner and blotted it all out pretty good. Once it dried it left what looked like an even bigger stain, but after getting in and out of the truck a few times it's now all blended together and looks fine.

·
Don't mess with the Blue
'06 DC Sport TRD
1,809 Posts
I agree! Get the Seatcovers. Won't have to worry about those stains. And if your seatcover stains, then just get new seatcovers. It's better than buying a new seat eventually. IMO.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've always used schotchguard on the seats and carpet of my trucks. Since, I've passed along a Ford Ranger, Ford 150, GMC Sierra to my sons and they tend to muck the seats, mats and carpets up more than I do, I usually attack the stains and dirt with Turtlewax or similar carpet cleaner ever so often. The seven year old 150 and GMC carpets still look great.

However, no one, not even my Lil' Darlin' wife eats in the Tacoma. :loove:

·
Registered
263 Posts
I get the water spots too. I rub them out with a damp towel. When is Toyota going to listen to its customers and offer dark upholstery to hide the dirt and stains? It's a truck, after all. It's going to see alot of dirt, and Toyota puts these light colored fabrics in it like it's a luxury sedan. What really makes me laugh is the brochure photo shoot at the mudhole and there's a dog covered with mud that hops into the truck and starts to shake itself off.

·
Registered
2005 tacoma trd
866 Posts
didnot notice the seat covers gitting so hot that it was a problem but i live up north in ny sun dont beat everything up here i also look for shade when i can

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put the TRD seat covers in my 06 Tacoma DC and they do look nice. What ever you do, don't Permaplate or Scotch Guard the seat covers. After the dealer's Permaplate contractor applied to the interior and seat covers, the neopreme portion of the seat covers are spotted and now I await the replacements (at the contractor's expense).

G

·
Another bad design by Toyota on this truck. Light colored "CLOTH" interiors are just not a good idea on any vehicle(IMO )but especially trucks. You NEED to at least offer a dark interior for them. Tan and light gray cloth are stain magnets.

You guys think it is tough keeping them clean under normal use try having an 80lbs wet and muddy Lab in and out all the time during waterfowl season. So far I have kept the interior pretty clean and safe using blankets in the back for the dog and making sure I am "stain material" free when I get in. Been looking at the options on coverings. Will do soemthing here in the near future.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have twice spilled coffee on my TRD seats, but after it dries there is no evidence at all. So far, so good! :)

·
The Thread Killer
Taco DC 4X4 SR5
781 Posts
vivo said:
I didn't have that option up here in the Northeast :thumbdown I might have gottin leather if I could have

·
Registered
69 Posts
Leather

This is installed locally as an after market option, not really a Toyota option. The guy that does it is allegedly a japanese who used to work in the Japan Toyota factory:confused:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts