Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been noticing that at least some Corollas I see on the street are actually branded Corolla CE on the right rear of the car. My used Corolla, which was sold to me as a CE, doesn't have the CE initials after Corolla on the back of the car.

Do all 2013 Corollas include the trim-level initials on the back of the car? Why would my car not include the initials CE?

·
5,168 Posts
For CE, I only have seen them with the Corolla nameplate. Only S, LE and XLE has an additional piece.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
For CE, I only have seen them with the Corolla nameplate. Only S, LE and XLE has an additional piece.
Well, I'm up in Canada -- wonder if they were branded differently (or inconsistently) up here. Thanks for the info!

·
5,168 Posts
Classic edition? CE has existed since gen 8. Only gen 8 offered a VE. I assume that's Value Edition. In-between CE and LE. VE hasn't been offered in 9th gen to present. XLE and XSE are newer trim packages since gen 10.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Assuming it is similar to a Gen 6 Camry, sometimes there is no CE badge when it is a CE because typically CE = Base and Base has no badge and LE is the... "normal model". I have not seen many CE or Base Camry's as most of them tend to be LE or higher.

CE = Classic Edition = Cheap Edition = Commuter Edition = C_____ Edition

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Assuming it is similar to a Gen 6 Camry, sometimes there is no CE badge when it is a CE because typically CE = Base and Base has no badge and LE is the... "normal model". I have not seen many CE or Base Camry's as most of them tend to be LE or higher.

CE = Classic Edition = Cheap Edition = Commuter Edition = C_____ Edition
"C*** edition"? Perish the thought! My new-to-me 2013 CE is the best car I've ever driven. Power locks and power windows? Luxury! (Not to mention the seat warmers.)*

Since I posted the convo starter I've been noting lots more CEs on the road here in southwestern Ontario with CE brand plates.

*The previous cars in my adult ownership were a base model 1988 Mazda 323 4-speed manual (didn't think I could afford a 5th gear!) and our recently traded 2001 Chevy Prizm base model 5-speed manual.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
"C*** edition"? Perish the thought! My new-to-me 2013 CE is the best car I've ever driven. Power locks and power windows? Luxury! (Not to mention the seat warmers.)*

Since I posted the convo starter I've been noting lots more CEs on the road here in southwestern Ontario with CE brand plates.

*The previous cars in my adult ownership were a base model 1988 Mazda 323 4-speed manual (didn't think I could afford a 5th gear!) and our recently traded 2001 Chevy Prizm base model 5-speed manual.
Only difference between a Base Model and a LE Model 2008 Camry:
  • Power seats
  • Key fob remote
I have an Base Model Camry, not much to complain about. Unless I really look I might see Base/CE Camry's but still most of the time they are all LE's and higher.

·
10th Gen Addict
3,286 Posts
Only 2009-2010 Corolla CE's (as well as the previous generations) have the CE badge on the trunk. The facelift 10th gen Corolla (2011-2013) no longer have the CE badge on the trunk and instead, only have the Corolla badge. This continued with the 11th gen and now with the 12th gen Corolla, the CE is only an internal name that dealers use for the base model Corolla but it is technically now called the Corolla L.

·
Registered
37 Posts
though it was funny that the CE trim ends up getting "better" performance than a more equipped S because the options also add weight to it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts