Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it is technically a truck right? Just wondering if it was a viable option versus a tacoma or tundra for hauling stuff from Home Depot or Lowes (nothing major just occasional fence posts, etc)

·
Soylent Green sales
rock crawler
12,801 Posts
Why wouldn't be used for hauling??

·
Registered
4Runner & Fusion
974 Posts
I've hauled loads. The power rear window makes hauling lumber and patio cover sheeting a breeze. Because I have a cargo tray I've also hauled sod, bags of ground cover, game from hunting & fishing excursions, basically anything that isn't loose like rocks or dirt. I've also used the roof rack when the interior was loaded. Although I never had a problem I am always concerned about the amount of weight resting on the hatchback opening with the window down. The heaviest load I ever hauled was my family as we're all over 200lbs, and between the 5 of us I'm pretty sure I was over my load carrying capacity! Throttle response was sluggish too and the air conditioning couldn't keep up.

Fyi - with the rear window down aerodynamics will suck exhaust into the cabin, so beware. Don't run your HVAC on recirculate if that window is open.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply! Always wondered but weighing options in terms of how practical it would be. May be better to settle on a Tacoma due to needing to haul taller items like appliances and furniture; not having a personal truck continues to bite my family in the ass more often than I'd like to admit lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts