Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19Corolla (H/B)CVT SE
19 Posts
I know 99% of people on here are car enthusiasts, so that being said does anyone have a summer toy that they would like to share with others. I have always had some sort of toy and this is the new one for this yr 2016 frs View attachment 332971 View attachment 332972
I know 99% of people on here are car enthusiasts, so that being said does anyone have a summer toy that they would like to share with others. I have always had some sort of toy and this is the new one for this yr 2016 frs View attachment 332971 View attachment 332972
Here’s Mine
Street/track

·
Registered
'21 Corolla Apex SE - 6mt
950 Posts
Ls swap??

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was considering getting a used BRZ / 86 before I bought the hatchback because I have a summer toy. So went with the more practical corolla hatchback. 6MT for the fun factor.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I sold a 91 mr2 turbo about 2 years ago kicking myself that I sold it. Enjoying the frs alot put about 2k km on so far..Had a brz a few years back and liked it alot as well bit it was auto. This one is a manual

·
Registered
2013 Toyota Avalon Limited W/Premium Package +
617 Posts
I had a sweet summer toy and never should have sold it. '85 Posche 944. Late March '08 it was a really nice spring so I went for a ride to Quebec. Woke up to look outside at my friend's place the morning after I got there to see this:

·
Registered
2021 Corolla Apex SE 6MT
101 Posts
Once the wife and I move into a a house I will either be buying an 80's Honda motorcycle or another e30 to turn into a track/weekend toy. Right now it's just our 2 corollas.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a few summer toys in the garage.
In addition to the Vette and Crossfire below, I also have a 2002 MX-5 Miata LS in storage as well.

The Miata was purchased new in 2002 and currently has only 36k miles.

The Crossfire was purchased new in 2008 and currently has 24k miles

The Vette was purchased new in 2017 and currently has 19k miles

Time to add another one to the collection.
I am also planning on adding a Boxster GTS to the collection but the supply is short so still working the deal with the Porsche dealer.

·
Registered
2021 Corolla Apex SE 6MT
101 Posts
I have a few summer toys in the garage.
In addition to the Vette and Crossfire below, I also have a 2002 MX-5 Miata LS in storage as well. All purchased new. I am also planning on adding a Boxster GTS to the collection but the supply is short so still working the deal with the Porsche dealer.
View attachment 333020

View attachment 333021

View attachment 333022
I was talkin to a gt3 owner over the weekend and he was telling me that right now is a good time to get a new Porsche, the used market is spiking and you can get a new one for what the used are going for.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was talkin to a gt3 owner over the weekend and he was telling me that right now is a good time to get a new Porsche, the used market is spiking and you can get a new one for what the used are going for.
Yeah, only issue right now is that there is very limited supply of new Porsches right now, especially for the GTS models. The dealer I am working with wants a $25K mark-up and I’d have to wait about 9 months for it to be built. Not something I would like.

·
Registered
2013 Toyota Avalon Limited W/Premium Package +
617 Posts
Saweeet ride :)

I'd love to get a bike but to pass the test and get your license you need to be able to lift ot off the ground for one. I'd be in ER with another heart attack or by being beaten silly for doing it by my cardiologist and/or my doc. :cry:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Saweeet ride :)

I'd love to get a bike but to pass the test and get your license you need to be able to lift ot off the ground for one. I'd be in ER with another heart attack or by being beaten silly for doing it by my cardiologist and/or my doc. :cry:
Thanks!
The requirements are different where you are. We do not have this requirement in Louisiana, besides, I think that is an unrealistic expectation.

My bike weighs in at about 700 pounds, there is no way in hell that I could lift it back up (without help) if it were to go down. If you factor in one like an HD Ultra or Honda Goldwing, I'm not sure anyone could lift it alone.

Look into safety courses in your area. The Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) offers several that are excellent for both beginner and experienced riders. I believe that Harley Davidson and other manufacturers also offer training courses; most dealerships should have the contact info for qualified instructors.

--Exco

1 - 20 of 28 Posts