Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it a trailer hitch but what toyota truck/4runner does it fit? I called my local dealer and it was not in his "database"

:confused:

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Ron Jeremy's twin brother
06 Tacoma-SOLD
1,461 Posts
Did you try somewhere like trdparts4u (Toy of Dallas)? If you email Jacque or one of those guys down there with the part #, they might be able to give you some details?

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
screeber said:
Did you try somewhere like trdparts4u (Toy of Dallas)? If you email Jacque or one of those guys down there with the part #, they might be able to give you some details?

its worth a try. I would like to return it to the seller asshole on Ebay. If I cant return it I would like to at least sell it to someone that can use it. The seller on Ebay told me if was off "his sons wrecked 2005 tacoma 4x4" When in fact when I looked at his feedback I saw that he purchased it the month before from another Ebay seller. What a POS he is. He bought it for his 2005 and it did not fit so he pass it along to me. When he knew it does not fit a 2005 tacoma 4x4. :slap:

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
toku58 said:
It comes up as a drop hitch TRK unit?

Did you mean TRD ? Whats a drop hitch. This hitch will in no way shape or form mount directly to the frame. Nothing lines up with anything.

how did you find that info Toku if I may ask.

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TacoCamry0605 said:
^ I'm pretty sure Toku got that from www.trdparts4u.com or similar. It comes up as "DROP HITCH/TRK/UNIT" for $235.07 (MSRP)

When I search a part # there i just get no results at all. The page refreshes and the result box is empty. :confused:

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TacoCamry0605 said:
I did a quick pass through the few sites I have bookmarked, but none give any detail. I agree a phone call may be your best option...

thanks for the effort :thumbup:

·
05 DC TRD Off Road
178 Posts
Did you mean TRD ?
I'm sure it's short for truck in this case.
Whats a drop hitch.
Typically, drop hitch refers to the part that mounts in the receiver which drops lower than the height of the frame when your trailer is lower than the truck. The sell different sizes depending on how much drop you need. Example
I'm assuming that this one was a unit with the receiver body and the drop hitch. Sorry, but that's all I can help with.

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TobyG said:
I'm sure it's short for truck in this case.

Typically, drop hitch refers to the part that mounts in the receiver which drops lower than the height of the frame when your trailer is lower than the truck. The sell different sizes depending on how much drop you need. Example
I'm assuming that this one was a unit with the receiver body and the drop hitch. Sorry, but that's all I can help with.

I just wish I knew what make and model it fits.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts