Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4815441/?GT1=3256

he was Pat Tillman, who played for the Arizona Cardinals down here in the states. he left the NFL to join the Army Rangers shortly after 9/11. i just heard he died in Afghanistan today. my heart goes out to his family and friends, and my utmost respect goes out to him.

·
since 1996
05 Impreza RS 2.5
1,772 Posts
Ya, I remember that guy. Too bad he died. Such a waste... but that's how war is. :disappoin

·
Registered
329 Posts
man that sux, im not american so im not too sure of the issues involved int eh war but it seems ridiculous that bush still hasn't pulled back the troops

·
Insert Custom User Title
Camry
293 Posts
He was on the front page of the Dallas Morning News. They did at least 2 full pages on how he "gave up fame and millions of dollars, and paid the ultimate price." I offer my sincerest respects to his family. Since April 1, there have been 111 American casualties. I think we called this war over too early.

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3
7,128 Posts
i offer my respects...

He gave up millions of dollars to go fight in the war, but he's a U.S citizen, and he surved his duty, many others should follow, you may be rich, but you're still a US citizen...

·
Registered
94 Posts
yeah i actually heard bout him during the playoff halftime...i respect wha he did...that was probably hard to do...

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
He fought for what he believed in:thumbup: I have nothing but respect for him:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
i dont mean to sound cynical...but thats just more war propoganda.....what about mentioning the other soldiers that died during this whole conflict...what makes him front page news when there has been others before him that make the same sacrifice and died before him?.....give this kind of honour to all the soldiers.....not just famous ones.....and btw..i had no idea who he was until now......

·
Insert Custom User Title
Camry
293 Posts
Not everyone has an outlet to the media, however, athletes and celebrities seem able to be publicized more easily than everyone else. I think that by spotlighting him it brings focus back on the situtation at hand, that we are still losing soldiers over there. I'm sure that there isn't anyone who's posted on this thread would give any less respect to the other soldiers who have died.

·
Idon't brag I mostlyboast
New Balances & Nikes
5,944 Posts
MRQturbo said:
i dont mean to sound cynical...but thats just more war propoganda.....what about mentioning the other soldiers that died during this whole conflict...what makes him front page news when there has been others before him that make the same sacrifice and died before him?.....give this kind of honour to all the soldiers.....not just famous ones.....and btw..i had no idea who he was until now......
He's front page because he turned down millions of greenbacks to go fight in a war. For some reason, if you exhibit some self-less traits in America you deserve front page coverage. Nevermind he signed up out of rage and vengeance. It'd be one thing if he felt that higher calling on September 10th.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts