Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
4.OH $#!+
05 Tacoma Prerunner
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to lift my truck 3'' with 285/75/16 bfg M/T on motometal 951b, bs 4.5, 16x9, 6x5.5 lug pattern. what do i have to trim and is it going to be alot of trimming or just minimal?? should i run with these tires or should i go with the A/T, same size??? i have a 05 tacoma AC pre-runner thanks........

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have the same setup and backspacing with my wheels but my tires are geolander a/t's I did have to trim the front federwell quite a bit and occasional i do get some rubbing still. I would say you will have quite a good amount of trimming with the BFG muds. You will have to trim the front plastic fenderwell

·
Registered
20 Posts
most definetly you will need to trim, I had to trim the plastic fenders and the front mud flaps. I picked the A/t's over the M/T's and don't regret it, geat tires.:thumbup:

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
blacked out toy said:
i want to lift my truck 3'' with 285/75/16 bfg M/T on motometal 951b, bs 4.5, 16x9, 6x5.5 lug pattern. what do i have to trim and is it going to be alot of trimming or just minimal?? should i run with these tires or should i go with the A/T, same size??? i have a 05 tacoma AC pre-runner thanks........
That's a great idea!! Any mod is a good mod!!
Just make sure you post pictures!!:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
threads will be hi-jacked
811 Posts
i got the goodyear m/t's cause they were $20 cheaper, and just a bit smaller (not even noticable),and i hardly ever rub only under extreme compression at full lock. personally i think the goodyears look better too, i was going to get the bfgs but got the good years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts