Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
metamorphosis
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

Was surfing on ebay and was considering getting a wet nitrous system for my camry 2000 LE auto 4cyl. I want to run only a 50shot nitrous. Does this kit included everything i need to run it? or do i need to get other stuff (bottle warmer, etc?) I don't really want to spend more money on other accessories if i don't "HAVE" to...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7908607934

Also, is this a good brand? or do you recommend another brand, like NOS, NX, etc?

I plan to leave my engine w/ no further mods...i have injen short ram intake, rippmods headers, and catback exhaust...that's it in terms of performance mods. by the way, i have 84,000 miles on it...it is still a good idea to add a nitrous system?

thanks for any advice.
later

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Never heard of them. I would stay with mainstream companies like NOS, NX, and ZEX. I have the NX system for my camry and it's made for 4 cylnder camrys. Get that. You can pick it up for about $500 and you can get the Genx2 kit which includes all the goodies that you want for an extra $200 (roughly).

·
Mr. A. Wong
634 Posts
nitrous is probably the way to go for cheapest performance per $. A 50 shot should be ok, it's not too excessive. , but of course it will put extra wear on the engine.

Also I agree to stay with the big names. They're popular for a reason.

there are lots of accessories like a purge valve. i didn't see on that auction.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Yep. So, get the better kit. Cuz it's got a lot more R&D than these other companies that have sprung up because of F&F.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
I agree- stick w/ main stream kits mostly b/c the most improtant part of the kit is the control unit that controls the mixing of the air/fuel/nitrous.....if that isn't proven to work perfectly......kaboom can go the engine....

but for little things like the bottle warmer....I odn't know how cold it gets in texas, but I don't think you'll really need one...:p:

·
metamorphosis
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the replies. i think i'll stick with the mainstream brands. hey camrypunk, where did you get the NX system? off their website directly? how much do you think it'll cost to professionally install it?

·
Registered
97 Posts
You are gonna need to get colder plugs and retard your timing. You will prob want to get a fuel pressure regulator to up the fuel pressure too.

·
metamorphosis
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
one more question: what is the difference between these two sets by nitrous express (NX)?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7908607934

and...

http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/nitrousexpress/

the first is the Hitman EFI system, for about $489 w/o shipping. it is from 50-75hp.

the second is the NX Stage 1 EFI system for about $525 shipped. it is 35-75hp...

but of course i only want 50hp shot so technically both would work. just wondering what the difference is and which is a better deal?

thanks

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
cman2000 said:
thanks for the replies. i think i'll stick with the mainstream brands. hey camrypunk, where did you get the NX system? off their website directly? how much do you think it'll cost to professionally install it?
I'm sponsored by Nitrous Express. :) That's why I suggest it.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
yota said:
You are gonna need to get colder plugs and retard your timing. You will prob want to get a fuel pressure regulator to up the fuel pressure too.
Colder plugs, probably. This kit is MADE for a stock fuel system along with most factory parts. He doesn't have to really worry about fuel managment. The kit is made for the car. That's where the tons of money went into R&D for these kits.

·
metamorphosis
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
would you guys suggest getting a bottle heater too? CamryPunk, do you have a bottle heater and all the extra goodies too (automatic bottle opener, etc)? I've read on websites that w/o a bottle heater, the performance may suffer alot....one site tested it with and without it. Got 60hp from a 50hp shot with a heater, but only like 42hp from the same 50hp shot without a heater.....

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
always run the highest octane gas that u can get if ur using nitrous.....94 octane is ideal if u can get it where ur from.....

·
metamorphosis
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hope this is not a dumb questions, but let's say I decide not to get the automatic bottle opener. And let's say i go for a long road trip (500+miles), and have the nitrous bottle opened since the start of the drive (in case I get to a stretch of freeway with no cops in site hehee ;) ) is this ok for the nitrous bottle to be opened for, say, 1-2 hrs? Will nitrous leak out, or would it be harmful to the system?

i talked to a local performance shop, and they said they can install a nitrous kit for $150 (about 4 hrs work)...it sounds pretty reasonable. what you guys think? and he recommended new spark plugs from NX (the company of nitrous i'm considering), which is about $30 and $5 or less to install....so $155 to install everything. not bad...

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
for the actual kits, you may not need a shop to install them if you're mechanically inclined, /c the kits are made to be as friendly as possible for installation....

and since you have a 4banger, you may as well save money by changing the plugs yourself

1 - 14 of 14 Posts