Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through some old threads, and noticed a LOT of complaint threads about the 2009 Corolla. I just bought mine fairly recently, and don't have any of these problems really. I was just curious whether I got lucky, or if Corolla fixes these kinds of problems before they get to dealers in the middle of a model year.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Do not buy Toyota

My corolla has rattling in the b-pillar seatbelt housing, and also in the dash board. Squeaking noise comes from both front seats.
Wait for about 2 months for Toyota Corp to send me a District Representative to inspect the vehicle. The Corp and the District Representative does not care about the customers' complains.
The District Representative inspected my vehicle, and he said Toyota produces a lot of car each year, do not expect too much from Toyota!
Do not buy Toyota!
Awful quality!
2009 Carmy has the same problem too!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was looking through some old threads, and noticed a LOT of complaint threads about the 2009 Corolla. I just bought mine fairly recently, and don't have any of these problems really. I was just curious whether I got lucky, or if Corolla fixes these kinds of problems before they get to dealers in the middle of a model year.
Got a 2009 Corolla S (assembled at Toyota's Cambridge, Ontario plant) in the last two months, and I can't say I have anything to complain about in regards to the issues I've been reading about as well. I can't say for certain, but it is possible they may have made some minor adjustments in the manufacturing at some time in order to fix any "easy-to-fix" issues, which don't require retooling the plant or making major design changes, once they became obvious from feedback from a large volume of customers. Just a guess though.

·
Owner of much Obsolete
1986 Corolla GT-S
2,286 Posts
In regards to whether Toyota makes changes mid-year, the answer is yes.

Jeff

·
'09 Toyota Corolla S
'09 TOYOTA Corolla S
52 Posts
I got my 2009 S back in October 2008. So far I do not have any issues to report. No rattling / squeaking noises.
It does not mean that will not be developed lately, but at least for 6 months of everyday intensive driving I cannot say for now Corolla is an “awful quality” car.

·
07 Tundra DC 5.7 4WD TRD
406 Posts
From what I understand, Toyota can make changes fairly quick. Workers on the line can stop production and discuss a minor change, get it implemented and restart the line.

At least thats the word on the street

·
Registered
09 mag. grey 5 speed
344 Posts
for example, i think they reprogrammed all the ecu's starting in aug/sept. somewhere around there. so, in my unexpert opinion, anyone who bought a corolla after that got the all new reduced horsepower version corolla. or perhaps a reduced mpg version. one way or another the engine was de-tuned, imho. sorry to say, but i believe it is true.

hows that for a mid year switch?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts