Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Human Resource
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does xle with JBL supposed to read texts out loud?
I just get a notification that people send me a text never reading them out loud, wondering if I have it set up wrong or its not even possible

·
6,664 Posts
On my NX reading texts and emails is disabled per default while driving. There should be two buttons when notification pops up, Read and Ignore. So much for "convenience"

You also need to have notifications enabled in your phone and all SMS settings done right on the vehicle.
It's a Toyota, should be very close to what yous ee on your display:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-models-2015-present/901878-sms-settings.html

·
Registered
153 Posts
Does xle with JBL supposed to read texts out loud?
I just get a notification that people send me a text never reading them out loud, wondering if I have it set up wrong or its not even possible
If you mean Entune Plus with Connected Navigation (which is what is in our XLE Hybrid), then yes.

I have it configured like this:
Menu > Setup > Phone > Notifications
* SMS/MMS Notification Pop-up: On
* Incoming SMS/MMS Display: Full Screen

When a text comes in, I can tap Read, Ignore, or Call (not positive about the actual names or the order in which they appear).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yes. Mine always has. It also can read out emails. I don't remember having to do anything special but I believe there is a setting for this under phone settings in the car. My 2013 XLE did the same thing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
So does it read when you actually MOVE? Lexus will not. I doubt yours are somehow different, it's safety lawyers stuff...
Yes. I have to be stopped (in Park) to read the text or email on the screen, but "Molly" reads it to me when driving. Did it identically on my 2013 XLE Hybrid.

·
Registered
2012 Prius C3 Black
51 Posts
If you mean Entune Plus with Connected Navigation (which is what is in our XLE Hybrid), then yes.

I have it configured like this:
Menu > Setup > Phone > Notifications
* SMS/MMS Notification Pop-up: On
* Incoming SMS/MMS Display: Full Screen

When a text comes in, I can tap Read, Ignore, or Call (not positive about the actual names or the order in which they appear).

So you have to hit a button on the screen to make it read the text aloud? It can't be set up to do this on voice prompt?

·
Registered
153 Posts
So you have to hit a button on the screen to make it read the text aloud? It can't be set up to do this on voice prompt?
I'm not sure, sorry - I haven't got as far as trying anything with the voice prompts.

Hey, I've only had the car 14 months. :grin:

·
Registered
18 Camry XLE, Hybrid
42 Posts
We had iPhone 6s, and the system said that it cannot support tat feature. We upgraded to an iPhone 8, and all is good. It will now prompt to read incoming text message, and it will if you touch read.

·
6,664 Posts
That said, I upgraded my phone finally before Christmas. Have new LG. SMS is read while moving now. You still have to tap/move cursor to Read button. Why it will not do same with older Galaxy Note and does this with new LG - beats me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts