Toyota Nation Forum banner

Does your TRAF button do anything?

30749 14
My TRAF button never seems to do much other than scan the dial. I live near Cincinnati. Are my airwaves missing a signal or something? How is it supposed to work? Is it just FM?
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Camry LE
438 Posts
don't hold me to this, but i THINK it scans the radio stations for a traffic channel, so you can know if you're going to be traveling in congestion, etc. Generally, it'd be for traveling outside the Cincinnati area. I'm going to Gatlinburg this weekend, so I'll let you know if I'm right about it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was just curious if anyone figured out what the TRAF button acutally did on their radio. Does anyone live anywhere where you can press it and get tuned to a traffic report? Where?

·
Nostalgia Member
7,748 Posts
i think the question and answer have been repeated 100x on this thread

Yes, the TRAF button works ... and yes its doing what you think its doing.

·
Sedan Life
2003 Lexus ES300
6,471 Posts
a pretty cool feature if u ask me....not as complex as those acura navis with realtime traffic updates, but still nice to have on a 4yr old camry

·
Registered
150 Posts
The TRAF function will only work if any of your radio stations are set up and broadcasting in that TRAF band. It is a fairly new offering and function here in North America. Not many cities have this capability.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.