Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the dammm basset :barf: puked in the truck. Not in her "area" or on her mat, but of course, on the driver's seat. Any tricks other than febreeze and a carpet cleaner to get the smell out?

:cursin:

·
Registered
131 Posts
I would buy some natures miracle from any pet store. It's a white and red bottle and it nuetralizes dog and cat odors such as urine, vomit, etc. I've also heard club soda is good as well as vinegar for removing smell and helping with stain!

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma AC 4X4
190 Posts
They have some pretty decent "pet odor eliminators" you can get at any pet supply store. They seem to work pretty well. It's just a spray, like carpet cleaner, but works better against this kinda stuff.

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma AC 4X4
190 Posts
rmcclean12 said:
I would buy some natures miracle from any pet store. It's a white and red bottle and it nuetralizes dog and cat odors such as urine, vomit, etc.
Yeah, that's it.

·
need to find money tree
2005 Tacoma
1,978 Posts
+1 for natures miracle... when my collie got sprayed by a skunk the stuff worked like a charm... and that dog has alot of long thick hair. It helped get the smell out of the house when he ran inside after being sprayed. Good stuff:thumbup:

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've had a couple of male Bassets in the past and they are high maintenance dogs, especially ear problems. You might want to wash the area with soap and water and get a wet dry vac (or pay vac at gas station) and vacuum out the area then try one of the odor eliminators. I've use Smells Begone and that works pretty good.
http://www.amazon.com/Punati-Chemical-Smells-Begone/dp/B000LNQ8CA/sr=8-11/qid=1168552387/ref=sr_1_11/002-9648655-4357662?ie=UTF8&s=hi
The local appliance parts retailer carries it here so you should be able to find it locally.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I got drunk and puked in my truck on the seat and floor area. The smell would not go away and after three weeks I took out the interior and dismantled the seat so I could spray and wash the seat with simple green and water. That is the only way to truely get the smell out. Dont use frabrees because your truck will just smell like puke and frabreezzz. Not good with the ladies. Trust me.

·
Registered
231 Posts
big dumps said:
I got drunk and puked in my truck on the seat and floor area. The smell would not go away and after three weeks I took out the interior and dismantled the seat so I could spray and wash the seat with simple green and water. That is the only way to truely get the smell out. Dont use frabrees because your truck will just smell like puke and frabreezzz. Not good with the ladies. Trust me.
No.. Whats not good with the ladies is pukin in your own damn truck.. LMAO:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
441 Posts
yes , i think i would be removing the seats and or covers and get the hose out

·
Engine 80 is in service
'10 FJ Cruiser 4x4
1,040 Posts
I would like to nominate this thread for THREAD TITLE OF THE YEAR!!! :lol:

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
Dog puke? OMG. I would flip out. :eek: Keep the pets in the truck bed. :slap:

Once you get the stain out, sprinkle some baking soda on the stained area, and let it sit overnight, then vacuum in the morning. This should get rid of any smell.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would keep her in the truck bed, but it's winter here.... no more dog in the truck. period!

As context, when we were crossing the country (truck was a month old), the basset sniffed out a used piece of chewing gum from the garbage. what she didn't eat, the passenger seat got.... stil a small mark there now...

·
Registered
06 Tacoma double cab
26 Posts
Hartz makes a pet stain and odor remover in a purple spray bottle .It is the best that I have found . Try a test spot first, but I dontthink it will stain.

·
Registered
Tacoma regular cab
125 Posts
Sounds like the pup was trying to tell you something

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
she's always expressing herself... Great dog, but tons of attitude. also VERY food agressive. I've had Bassets for 20 years now so I guess i'm used to the tude, this is my first vehicle that isnt 15 years old however....

·
Registered
308 Posts
good fucking luck. that pet odor shit might work with piss and shit, but vomit is a whole nother beast. my bully threw up on my couch, took months for that smell to go away, and i tried everything. hopefully the foam in the truck seats isn't as vomit absorbing as my couch foam.

·
Registered
06 Tacoma DC 4x4 LB
128 Posts
Well that is why I opted for leather. But for those of you who have cloth I use this stuff at home when one of my dogs shit or vomit on the carpet or couch. It works great and actually works on getting the smell out. Oh and it's like $11 for a gallon. http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441776021&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302032893&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302023689&bmUID=1168597129932&itemNo=2&Ntt=odor+remover&In=All&previousText=odor+remover&N=2

·
Premium Member
2,661 Posts
rmcclean12 said:
I would buy some natures miracle from any pet store. It's a white and red bottle and it nuetralizes dog and cat odors such as urine, vomit, etc.
If using the nature's miracle, you may need to apply it multiple times. Its an enzyme, and actually eats the stuff causing the smell. Usually a liberal application doesn't work any better than multiple light coats, applied daily. Do it at night, when you're done with the truck for the day.

A friend had to have his 2 week old jeep detailed twice after a drunk co-worker barfed all over it before the smell let up.

And if you quit getting the dog drunk, its less likely to barf.

·
Registered
46 Posts
A few years ago my nephew puked all over the back seat in my brother's new Forerunner and he couldn't get the smell out of it. It was awful. He called his insurance company to see if they would cover it. The company wasn't sure, but called him back in a little while to say they would pay for a new seat! I don't know who his insurance company was. The other side of that story is that he managed to get the new seat installed just in time for his hunting trip to Colorado. But one of his hunting buddies borrowed the Forerunner while they were hunting and rolled the thing down the mountain. Totaled. Ruined hunting trip. Ane when he got back to PA, his wife left him. That Forerunnr brings back a lot of bad memories!:sosad:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts