Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Mechanic Racer
1992 Corolla
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey quick question, i have a 1992 AE92 Corolla, and it has a 4A-FE, i would like to swap to a better engine and i wanna know whats best to fit in my car (FF) thanx.

oh would any of these engines fit cause i like the silver top :)

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
Search dude.. this question was asked...
3 times last week
2 times 2 weeks ago
4 times 3 weeks ago
2 times 4 weeks ago
etc... :)

All you have to do is search for "AE92 swap"

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
REN69 said:
Search dude.. this question was asked...
3 times last week
2 times 2 weeks ago
4 times 3 weeks ago
2 times 4 weeks ago
etc...

All you have to do is search for "AE92 swap"
Nitro789 said:
i just wanna know if the silver top will bolt straight in and if there should be any problems this is what i was lookin at

http://www.jdmsource.ca/v2/product.asp?ID=56

don't be lazy

·
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
Ah shit! I give up. :disappoin

Had you searched you would have found out that YES any 4AGE 16V, 20V and 4AGZE will fit in your car.. you have a 4 "A" FE motor.. notice how all the other motors have an A in the name too.. this denotes that its an A series motor so any motor with that letter in it will fit your Corolla. The hardest part will be the wiring basically providing you bought a complete motor, if not have fun looking for whatever didn't come with the motor as the parts are hard to find. If you go for a GZE then you're looking at having to either source out a hood scoop from an AE92 GTZ in order to have the intercooler on the top.. if not you can fork out the money and have a front mounted intercooler instead.

So lets recap.. you got a 4AFE so any of the following motors will fit.
16V Bigport 4AGE - 88-89 Corolla GTS
16V Smallport 4AGE - 90-91 Corolla GTS or Geo Prizm GSi
20V Silvertop 4AGE - 92-94 AE101
20V Blacktop 4AGE - 95-97 AE111
Supercharged Versions
16V 4AGZE 88-89 MR2 SC (you will have to convert the tranny to FWD or use an AE92 GZE tranny)
16V 4AGZE 88-89 AE92 GTZ
16V 4AGZE 90-91 AE92 GTZ
16V 4AGZE 92-97 AE101/AE111

OR you can do the less popular 3SGE/3SGTE swap, now notice how there's an S not an A on this motor.. that's right! that means this motor will require work to go in, mainly motor mounts and upgraded fuel system and FWD transmissions, but that's another ballpark.

As for being hard.. its only as hard as your wallet will let it be. :)
Hopes this helps. :)

·
Mechanic Racer
1992 Corolla
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
REN69 said:
Ah shit! I give up. :disappoin

Had you searched you would have found out that YES any 4AGE 16V, 20V and 4AGZE will fit in your car.. you have a 4 "A" FE motor.. notice how all the other motors have an A in the name too.. this denotes that its an A series motor so any motor with that letter in it will fit your Corolla. The hardest part will be the wiring basically providing you bought a complete motor, if not have fun looking for whatever didn't come with the motor as the parts are hard to find. If you go for a GZE then you're looking at having to either source out a hood scoop from an AE92 GTZ in order to have the intercooler on the top.. if not you can fork out the money and have a front mounted intercooler instead.

So lets recap.. you got a 4AFE so any of the following motors will fit.
16V Bigport 4AGE - 88-89 Corolla GTS
16V Smallport 4AGE - 90-91 Corolla GTS or Geo Prizm GSi
20V Silvertop 4AGE - 92-94 AE101
20V Blacktop 4AGE - 95-97 AE111
Supercharged Versions
16V 4AGZE 88-89 MR2 SC (you will have to convert the tranny to FWD or use an AE92 GZE tranny)
16V 4AGZE 88-89 AE92 GTZ
16V 4AGZE 90-91 AE92 GTZ
16V 4AGZE 92-97 AE101/AE111

OR you can do the less popular 3SGE/3SGTE swap, now notice how there's an S not an A on this motor.. that's right! that means this motor will require work to go in, mainly motor mounts and upgraded fuel system and FWD transmissions, but that's another ballpark.

As for being hard.. its only as hard as your wallet will let it be. :)
Hopes this helps. :)
Thanx alot this really helps!!! I really appreciate it :whatwhat:

·
Danno
1989 corolla GT-S
1,502 Posts
Something has to be done ! this is getting pretty bad these days (questions that are beaten to death allready on this forum) :rolleyes: :sosad:

·
I don't hate C3H8
763 Posts

·
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
There's a MASTER COROLLA STICKY that already has lots of links on it, people just don't look at it. :disappoin

·
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
all the threads that say READ ME on them right at the top of the Corolla Forum.

·
Danno
1989 corolla GT-S
1,502 Posts
like i said something has to be done if this aint working for all the new guys.. i dunno bout you all but im getting tired of explaining the same questions over & over:cursin: :deadhorse :D

·
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
If you take the time to look at the Corolla sticky, there are links on there to places like club4ag.com who have write ups for these things. Its not like the info is not there, people don't take the time to search. The Master Corolla Sticky is a compilation of tons of threads AND links that have information pertaining to these and other questions, they were all condensed into 1 Master Sticky so that we didn't have 50 Sticky threads on the main Corolla forum.

But yeah, I will take the time to do a Corolla write up and I will only ask the more knowledgeable members to post more info regarding these swaps. A mod like Chris Corolla S can probably sticky it so that we can have it at the top.

·
Registered
12 Posts
the name is delroy i jus put in ah 20v blacktop in it i need sum one that can do the wiring do you no sum one can you get back to me asap thnks

·
Danno
1989 corolla GT-S
1,502 Posts
i did a half ass write up of my ZE swap... what exactly are you looking for ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts