Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
07 Silver Taco
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first one has first coat on it getting ready to stick the other lite in oven now what a pain geting that 4th bolt:thumbdown going smooth will post pics after done...:thumbup::clap:

·
Registered
07 Silver Taco
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well this was a major pain in the arse...the first one has a few scratchs that you can see and also fogging up a little in the upper left corner...sec one is great so far...i really hope the fog clears up, but may go back and redo the first one...put up some pics 2morrow.

·
n00b
2,104 Posts
well this was a major pain in the arse...the first one has a few scratchs that you can see and also fogging up a little in the upper left corner...sec one is great so far...i really hope the fog clears up, but may go back and redo the first one...put up some pics 2morrow.
different ways of clearing up the fog without reopening. put a hair dryer into the opening for the bulb and blast away. if that doesnt work, do the opposite and stick a shop vac in there. this happened to me after i washed my truck, it fogged up pretty good. i swore i would eventually get to it, but never did. it went away on its own :D

·
Registered
07 Silver Taco
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
different ways of clearing up the fog without reopening. put a hair dryer into the opening for the bulb and blast away. if that doesnt work, do the opposite and stick a shop vac in there. this happened to me after i washed my truck, it fogged up pretty good. i swore i would eventually get to it, but never did. it went away on its own :D

tnx will do in the am...:thumbup:

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
I love how some people say this is as easy as just a can of paint....

·
Tacoma Enthusiast
230 Posts
If you still continue to have issues with fogging, it's typically because there isn't a good enough seal with the original caulking. Place a good bead of silicone around the edges and gaps where the the two pieces of the headlight assembly go together, should take care of any future problems.

·
n00b
2,104 Posts
I love how some people say this is as easy as just a can of paint....
dude, i did this mod when i was a super noob. the DIY thread said ~2 hours (clear hl mod). mod took me dam near 3.5 hrs :lol:

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
dude, i did this mod when i was a super noob. the DIY thread said ~2 hours (clear hl mod). mod took me dam near 3.5 hrs :lol:
You still are a nOOB :lol: It still took 3.5 hours of time and not just a can of Paint. if you did not do it right it would have taken longer OR cost you the price of a headlight ;)

·
n00b
2,104 Posts
You still are a nOOB :lol: It still took 3.5 hours of time and not just a can of Paint. if you did not do it right it would have taken longer OR cost you the price of a headlight ;)
:lol::lol:
okay okay, i am still a n00b. go ahead and rub it in :fuckyou:
i still do all of my mods my self, so :nana:

·
Registered
07 Silver Taco
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
after putting everything back i had to take the lights out again today I took a hair dryer to them and let them sit in the sun for a couple of hrs and bam dry and clear, put another bead of caulk around and let dry for a couple more hrs put them back in and seemed to be holding up fine for a couple of hrs now they are getting moisture in them again...have no idea what the hell I am going to do but will keep u posted.

·
Mind over Money
1,245 Posts
You want to make sure that you get everything sealed up nice and tight because if moisture stays in there, it will eat away at the reflector. Maybe you should heat them up again to get the glue gooey again and clamp them together some how..? I don't know, I got lucky and sealed them up nicely my first time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts