Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Camry
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, does anyone have video clips or something of themselves doing a burnout? Donuts? Etc.?

Also, just wondering, how would you do a burnout with an automatic?

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
I'm guessing it is a 4cyl by the 'Saving for an engine swap' in your signature.... soo.... it might be tough. Your best chance would be to put it in the lowest gear..... keep on the brakes a little..... get your rpm's going..... slam the gas and let off the brakes. If this doesn't work.... try the same technique at a stop sign while turning right. ORRR.... since I'm pretty sure it is FWD.... you could put your e-brake REALLLLLY high up.... and slam the gas..... that should spin your tires.... then let off the brake.

PS... this will fuck up your car :).

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Timberland said:
If you don't care about wrecking your car, pull your ebrake all the way up, rev to about 6k in neutral and slam it into drive. But I strongly advise against it.:D
bad vary bad;just use soap and water under the tires,push on the brakes and the gas rev it up as high as you can them let go of the bracks if it dont work you dont have enogh power,

as for a vid tony had one about a year ago do a search and you might find it.im to lazy right now to look:)

·
Registered
156 Posts
1. put your donut on either front tire.
2. dump bleach on the road
3. engage e-brake fully
4. put it in neutral
5. give it wide open throttle and bounce it off the rev limiter
6. slam it into 1 (whatever is lowest on the column or floor shifter)
7. get that donut spinning enough so that it's bouncing off the rev limiter again
8. push the shifer into 2 and keep your foot down.
9. get someone to take a picture
10. get a new transmission or motor if necessary
11. get a new donut
12 repeat as desired

there you go buddy.

·
I get angry when Im sober
1,858 Posts
Quite frankly you shouldnt burn out in a FWD car and you cannot do proper donuts in a FWD car. So grow up and don't do stupid (rice boy) things.

·
Registered
94 Posts
its very possible to do a burnout on v4 camry...

u just have to find a nice slick road...

press the brakes and gas... let it rev 2-3k rpm's then let go but the same time pressing the gas(u have to do it fast), then u'd jus have to feel it out , by feeling how much u have to press the gas...Also ur gears does not change if u do it right...

Also, about donuts... it is also possible, dont listen to anyone...its jus a lil silly but, u'd have to ur car in reverse and take it from there...jus dun f!ck up ur axles man...so be careful...make sure u also turn out wit ur steering wheel so ur axles wont f up on u...

P.S. it does wear on ur engine , but try it for kicks...jus know ur limitations...and also ur timing belts...

*my fault he said proper donuts ^ so hes right

·
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
IBAID said:
its very possible to do a burnout on v4 camry...

u just have to find a nice slick road...

press the brakes and gas... let it rev 2-3k rpm's then let go but the same time pressing the gas(u have to do it fast), then u'd jus have to feel it out , by feeling how much u have to press the gas...Also ur gears does not change if u do it right...

Also, about donuts... it is also possible, dont listen to anyone...its jus a lil silly but, u'd have to ur car in reverse and take it from there...jus dun f!ck up ur axles man...so be careful...make sure u also turn out wit ur steering wheel so ur axles wont f up on u...

P.S. it does wear on ur engine , but try it for kicks...jus know ur limitations...and also ur timing belts...

*my fault he said proper donuts ^ so hes right
V4 huh... i couldn't sworn 4cyl cars were inline..... buy an old supra for burnouts and dougnuts. My Supra will do spins around any FWD car w/o fucking up anything but my tires :).

·
I get angry when Im sober
1,858 Posts
ishcoleobo said:
V4 huh... i couldn't sworn 4cyl cars were inline..... buy an old supra for burnouts and dougnuts. My Supra will do spins around any FWD car w/o fucking up anything but my tires :).
Well our Camry's do have i4s and more 4 cylinder cars are inline but I'm pretty sure there are v4s just very rare and probably not used in anything modern.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
how do you make a v w/ 4 cylinders?? :hammer:

but seriously......I'm kinda curious too....for an i4 automatic w/ rims and decent rubber...is it even possible to do a burn out?

·
Registered
94 Posts
ish- the point is to make a camry do a burnout or a doughnot...if u had a supra then there wouldnt be a point cuzz its been done...stop following n be a lil more original, cuzz u state the obvious...

also,its not gonna be a big extravagant burnout cuzz of the lack of hp, but ur tires will burn and smoke enough for u to call it a burnout...its all in the technicality of the matter...

my fault i meant 4cylinder* u know wha i meant...lol

·
Registered
731 Posts
Drive the car up to a brick wall in a parking lot, preferably with a concrete pad (it is slipperier) Place bumper on wall, put car in drive, mash the throttle. If this doesn't work, place a little bit of sand on the ground where your tires are going to do the burnout then attempt.
If this doesn't work get NOS, two of them, The BIG ones! Fill tank, have fat bastard sit on the rear of the car, jack up the front to where the tires just touch the ground, pray, buy really skinny cheap hard tires, remove your hood, fenders air intake, exhaust system, get race fuel, drink heavily, oh, and remember to spay or neuter your pets.:rolleyes:

·
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
IBAID said:
ish- the point is to make a camry do a burnout or a doughnot...if u had a supra then there wouldnt be a point cuzz its been done...stop following n be a lil more original, cuzz u state the obvious...

also,its not gonna be a big extravagant burnout cuzz of the lack of hp, but ur tires will burn and smoke enough for u to call it a burnout...its all in the technicality of the matter...

my fault i meant 4cylinder* u know wha i meant...lol
My point is that by the time you roast your tranny and engine you could just buy a RWD car that you don't care about.... and spin the tires all day long.

BTW: I don't see how I'm following when I was the first to reply to this post? Just something to ponder.

·
Still got love 4 the AE92
489 Posts
Haha I just remembered something. There was this guy at the Timmies we were chilling at one night that was doing insane burnouts in an olds delta 88.:lol: He put his front wheels right up against the curb, and pulled the ebrake... shoulda heard the aweful noises it was making. We laughed at him then left.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
V4- there were some really, really old Saabs (I think the 99) that had them. A flat four, by comparison. is a V4, only the cylinders are straight out (180º) and not a conventional 60 or 90 degree vee. This is the Subaru format.

It's not pertinent to the thread, but it needed to be said

Steve

1 - 20 of 53 Posts