Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.
First off, im not a domestic troll trying to cause problems. My sister just purchased a new 2004 Toyota Camery Solara SE sport in the blue metal flake color with a black cloth interior. As a congradulations, im trying to find some little dress up parts, appearance things that would look good on the car. No wing, or anything like that. Something small, and under $150. It could be something like better floor mats, or other interior things. You guys have any ideas? Im not bing on the import scene, so I dont know any online stores that sell these kinda things..A link to a reputable dealer would be great. Maybe some TRD things? No springs or suspension parts btw. Or exaust parts. Strictly appearance, as shes not planning on making this car hopped up. Thanks allot guys, hope you take the time to help out a domestic guy.
Mike

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,573 Posts
I like the tint idea.

Another idea would be to buy her a AAA membership.

This might be sexist of me and I apologize. I don't know your sister....If she's more a hands on type that isn't afraid to get a bit dirty - maybe a Haynes manual. Some other things you could gift to her is maybe your knowledge of cars. Show her how to change the oil, airfilter, change a flat tire...you know, basic stuff every car owner should know.

·
Registered
443 Posts
a set of springs, but thats more then 150ish

·
it was all a dream
4,204 Posts
hey SolaraStang... in that price range, i'd recommend either: tints or dash trim kit (woodgrain, aluminum, whatever)... maybe even throw in some nice asian air fresheners with a nice smell like squash or lime.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Phi said:
I like the tint idea.

Another idea would be to buy her a AAA membership.
^
That's probably the best idea

Shit, I could build my car from parts, but I still have one. It's a good thing to have in case a tire blows and you don't have a spare. Or in my case, my tranny went out a mile from the nearest gas station.

They offer 5 free calls before you have to pay for them. And up to a 100mile tow for each call (before you have to pay for mileage).

It's something all car drivers should carry:thumbup:

* I like Stangs too ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry about the spelling guys..Stupid mistake. I like the AAA idea. Tinting is illegal in nj, so thats outta the question. Springs are out too. I was thinking some cool mats, a Toyota (like the nice chrome TRD ones) keychain, and some sorta dress up thing. She has the metal colored interior trim, and made a point of telling me that she really like that. So i think keeping the trim stock is a good idea. Any other ideas?
Mike

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
It's illegal to tint any of the windows? Ususally it's illegal to tint the front side windows. Im sure you can tint the rear window and the small corner windows. Alot of cars come stock with those windows tinted.

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
trdcamry2003 said:
Im sure you can tint the rear window and the small corner windows. Alot of cars come stock with those windows tinted.
that might be illegal altogether in NJ.

·
Trailer Trash Engineer
592 Posts
Maybe a windshield sun shade? Or some nice seat covers with a cool design on them? Maybe black sheepskin seat covers? My wife has those on her seats and loves them. Or a car detail kit, ya know, with soap, wax, chamois and stuff? Or a roadside safety kit with flares, reflective triangles and stuff? Hard to say, for 150 without knowing your sisters tastes. All the *really* cool stuff costs a bundle. TripleA sounds good too.
Also, for 150ish, maybe a little more, you could upgrade the factory speakers if you're willing to do the install. Even modest Alpine replacements or something will offer a nice improvement in sound.

·
Owner of Prius V & others
00 Solara - 07 Vitz
2,054 Posts
Well since the shift knob on the car can screw on and off try finding either a TRD one or get a nice MOMO shift knob.

Or show her the way to properly clean the car and get her some waxes, shampoo and other cleaning supplies that will keep the car looking HOT!

-Rick

·
TN's Resident Goddess.
2007 Camry SE
6,090 Posts
I like rick's idea^ You can 'create' your own detail bucket for her. Taget or Walmart is the best place to go. Just buy a carry-case or caddy container and fill it with essentials...wax, soap, natural sponges, some waxing cloths, tire and rim brushes, windex...you get the picture. And then you can throw in something girly like a TRD women's t-shirt or key chain. (You can find them on the TRD website...
http://www.toyota.com/motorsports/trd.html ) Sometimes thy can be pricey so you can search around for other sites too.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
lots and lots of hello kitty stuff :eek: :lol: :thumbup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like the washing stuff. She has that at home though from what i left there before i left for school. Might be a good idea tho, ill have to make a trip to the store and pick up stuff to mail her home. Ill take a look at the trd stuff as well. Are you guys sure the shiftball screws off on the solaras? theres no lock out button on the shifter?
Mike

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,573 Posts
SolaraStang said:
Are you guys sure the shiftball screws off on the solaras? theres no lock out button on the shifter?
Mike
If it's auto (like pic below), the shift knob is NOT screw type and thus not easily replaced.

However, if it's manual, then you can replace it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
its an auto. I thought that it wasnt replaceable, just wanted to make sure.
Mike

1 - 19 of 19 Posts