Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Homer Lusk Collyer
AE92
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what I need to break to get my chime to stop going off when the key is in and the door is open? I browsed my wiring diagram and didn't see it offhand and also tried taking a look under the dash but I somehow can't figure out where the sound comes from.

Gracias, mi amigos.

·
Homer Lusk Collyer
AE92
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Played around under the dash for a couple minutes.

Unplugged a two wire connector that came from the back of the ignition cylinder. Green and green/white I think were the wires that came from the ignition. When this plug is disconnected, the doors can be open and the key in without the chime sounding. The chime will still sound 12 times if you turn the key to "On" but don't start the car.

·
Registered
78 Posts
On my 2 door the door switches are on the B pillar, right by the door latch, its just a slide style switch, I just removed mine on both sides completely. I don't mind the dome lights not coming on when I open the door.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Oh and also I think your title should've been
¿Dónde está la puerta Carillón?

However I'm not actually a spanish speaking native so IDK haha

·
Homer Lusk Collyer
AE92
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wanted to keep the door switches if possible (not that I have any particular fondness for them, I just like to do as little as possible.) I'll drive around for a while with the connector unplugged and post up if there's any problem. I'll take a picture when I get a chance too.

And you're probably right about the title but I'm not a native speaker either. :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah post up and let me know, I may actually put mine back in if this worked for you., it wasnt hard to remove them, 2 screws, but it does leave a 1/4 in the door jamb where the wires went through.

Oh and on the spanish part, I am fairly sure that esta should be followed by la rather than el, este would then be followed by el. I think esta is the feminine version of the word but I could be wrong on all of this, I'm just trying to put together what spanish I do remember, when you don't use it it's hard to keep track of multiple languages. :lol:

·
Homer Lusk Collyer
AE92
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're right about nouns but not verbs (conjugation of "estar" in this case). Only nouns have gender in romance languages.

·
Homer Lusk Collyer
AE92
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I answered my own question in the second post. We've got to talk about something.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I answered my own question in the second post. We've got to talk about something.

:thumbsup: see I learned something to refresh me haha

And yes we do have to have something to talk about, I dont venture much outside this area of the forum, and since its not all that active, I better start posting more! :D

·
Homer Lusk Collyer
AE92
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A little more info: the wires I unplugged are working perfectly so far. The only time the chime sounds is when the key is turned to "On" and the driver seatbelt isn't fastened. In that case, it chimes 12 times and is then silent. If you start the car with the seatbelt fastened, there is no chime.

Success! Picture of afore-mentioned plug to come later.

·
Deer Smasher
1988 Corolla SR5
401 Posts
I am about to clip the leads on the switch on the passenger side door. The door light comes on everytime my sub hits because of the air pressure against the door. I have a piece of paper folded 4 times wedged in there for the time being.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am about to clip the leads on the switch on the passenger side door. The door light comes on everytime my sub hits because of the air pressure against the door. I have a piece of paper folded 4 times wedged in there for the time being.
Thats actually happening because your door is worn now and doesn't fit as tight. The metal on one of my doors actually cracked and I had to have it welded back together again. Mine looked like it was caused from people grabbing the seat belt and pulling the door shut with it.

You may try loosening up the thing the door latches to on the car and try to slide it in towards the inside, there should be a little bit of adjustment there.

·
Deer Smasher
1988 Corolla SR5
401 Posts
I did notice that the bottom corner of the door is rusting really bad on the inside, maybe that is causing it.

·
Slacker Extrordinaire.
1992 Corolla DLX 4D
173 Posts
The rust is caused because the door hangs and is no longer tight. therefore the water that would normally be drained from the door sits in a puddle causing it to rust...

·
Slacker Extrordinaire.
1992 Corolla DLX 4D
173 Posts
Me encanta mi corola y este tema se echa en falta en el español...por la forma en google la traducción es la mierda

Y, a veces, la roya pueden ser sexy ...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Me encanta mi corola y este tema se echa en falta en el español...por la forma en google la traducción es la mierda

Y, a veces, la roya pueden ser sexy ...
No,no, no, se escribe : Me gusta Mi Corolla Y en este tema se echa de menos el idioma español...esta es la forma en que Google lo traduce, no sirve:lol:

La roya ? no se que sea eso.

Salu2

1 - 18 of 18 Posts