Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a '21 Camry XSE.... was shocked to learn afterwards that it had NO fog lights! (I thought they were standard equipment on all cars ~~) Have now spent many, many hours researching this problem as I NEED the fog lamps.... I live in the mountains!

I've read that LED headlights basically render the fogs as unneeded since they do such a great job in such weather conditions.

Has anyone out there found that to be true, please? Or do I actually have to mount a bar across the front?!?? 馃槼 馃槶

Camry Freak
Camry & Accord
Fog lights have been standard on higher-trim Camrys since the 2002 (SE) 2003 (XLE) model year. That seemed to stop with the heavy 2015 update that Toyota applied with the Camry- when only higher trim level XLE and XSE trims got the LED DRLs that were tucked into the lower bumper that sort-of doubled as fog lights at night.

Starting in 2018, no Camrys in the US have come with fog lights- granted there were some Toyota-brand ones that people have installed in 2018-2020 Camrys... I'm not sure if those parts came from overseas or if a specific region of the country had them available. There are threads with information about that modification- but it seems like those lights won't fit a 2021 due to the restyled front bumper. There are a few aftermarket options for the 2018-20... but I haven't seen any yet that are made for the 2021 Camry.

I can tell you this- I definitely appreciate that my 2021 Accord still came with fog lights. They do make a difference- even with the excellent LED headlights that come on modern cars.

Registered
2021 Toyota Camry XLE V6
Fog lights have been standard on higher-trim Camrys since the 2002 (SE) 2003 (XLE) model year. That seemed to stop with the heavy 2015 update that Toyota applied with the Camry- when only higher trim level XLE and XSE trims got the LED DRLs that were tucked into the lower bumper that sort-of doubled as fog lights at night.

Starting in 2018, no Camrys in the US have come with fog lights- granted there were some Toyota-brand ones that people have installed in 2018-2020 Camrys... I'm not sure if those parts came from overseas or if a specific region of the country had them available. There are threads with information about that modification- but it seems like those lights won't fit a 2021 due to the restyled front bumper. There are a few aftermarket options for the 2018-20... but I haven't seen any yet that are made for the 2021 Camry.

I can tell you this- I definitely appreciate that my 2021 Accord still came with fog lights. They do make a difference- even with the excellent LED headlights that come on modern cars.
I wish I could get fogs on my 2021 XLE V6.
Thanks...

Camry Freak
Camry & Accord
I wish I could get fogs on my 2021 XLE V6.
Thanks...
I'm sure that something will become available in the next year or two. There's quite a few companies that generally offer things like this for the Camry, considering the number of these cars on the road. It just takes some time for those companies to adjust/react to the updated styling of the refreshed 2021.

It's the same problem with the Accord. Honda refreshed the front of the Accord ever so slightly- but it was enough to make it so that 2018-2020 aftermarket parts generally don't fit. Lots of people, for example, aren't thrilled with the huge chrome unibrow on the current Accord- and tons of companies have produced aftermarket solutions to make those gloss black- to match the lower grille. Unfortunately, they reshaped it ever so slightly so now owners of 2021 Accords have to wait for the updated aftermarket parts... or pay $400+ for the OEM accessory grille.

We just all have to wait for the aftermarket universe to catch up.

Registered
2021 Toyota Camry XLE V6
I'm sure that something will become available in the next year or two. There's quite a few companies that generally offer things like this for the Camry, considering the number of these cars on the road. It just takes some time for those companies to adjust/react to the updated styling of the refreshed 2021.

It's the same problem with the Accord. Honda refreshed the front of the Accord ever so slightly- but it was enough to make it so that 2018-2020 aftermarket parts generally don't fit. Lots of people, for example, aren't thrilled with the huge chrome unibrow on the current Accord- and tons of companies have produced aftermarket solutions to make those gloss black- to match the lower grille. Unfortunately, they reshaped it ever so slightly so now owners of 2021 Accords have to wait for the updated aftermarket parts... or pay $400+ for the OEM accessory grille.

We just all have to wait for the aftermarket universe to catch up.
You're right. Just give it time. I have no clue where they're going to put them.

Camry Freak
Camry & Accord
You're right. Just give it time. I have no clue where they're going to put them.
The ones that have been posted on this forum for the 2018-2020 Camrys have placed them in the lower corners of the bumpers... only on SE/XSE trims:

Registered
2021 Toyota Camry XLE V6
The ones that have been posted on this forum for the 2018-2020 Camrys have placed them in the lower corners of the bumpers... only on SE/XSE trims: View attachment 341152
Do you like your 2021 Accord Touring 2.0t? Is it roomier than the 2021 Camry? My only complaint about the Camry is the driver's seat is a little uncomfortable.

Camry Freak
Camry & Accord
Do you like your 2021 Accord Touring 2.0t? Is it roomier than the 2021 Camry? My only complaint about the Camry is the driver's seat is a little uncomfortable.
I love my Accord Touring. But I also really love the Camry that's parked in our driveway too.

It's all about priorities.

The Camry is smoother and much quieter. The Accord handles and drives better... and still comes with fog lights.

I test drove a 2020 Camry last year... it was roomy enough. The Accord seems a bit bigger and more open on the inside compared to that Camry. I don't know if is actually larger inside, or Honda just is better at creating the illusion of space. The back seat of the Accord is huge- and the rear seats are super comfortable. The trunk of the Accord is also huge... I think it is a bit bigger than the current Camry's both in terms of cubic feet and in terms of usable space.

The seats in my Accord Touring are very comfortable. In that trim they are heated (front and rear) and ventilated (front). With that said, I'm not sure that they are more comfortable than in a Camry XLE. Seat comfort is something that a matter of personal preference. I like them just fine. I will say that the seats in my Touring Accord are much more comfortable than the seats in my 2019 Accord Sport 2.0t. Those weren't necessarily uncomfortable... but they weren't nearly as comfortable as the leather seats in the Touring trim.

Registered
People who have fog lights don't just use them in fog or bad weather, they have them on all the time. Especially Honda Accord drivers, apparently Honda made an "On" switch but forgot to put in a "Off" switch.

Registered
2008 Toyota Camry Base / CE
People who have fog lights don't just use them in fog or bad weather, they have them on all the time. Especially Honda Accord drivers, apparently Honda made an "On" switch but forgot to put in a "Off" switch.
I leave my on all the time. Except mine are (were) yellow and they act as my DRL's.

Camry Freak
Camry & Accord
There is indeed an off switch. I imagine that most people just keep the exterior light switch in 'auto' mode. I never really understood why some people who hate on people who drive with fog lights on when the weather isn't poor. They aren't hurting anyone as long as they aimed properly. Some people simply like the look of fog lights, even if they don't add much actual value when driving.

I appreciate that in addition to projecting light right in front of the car, the ones on my Accord also seem to project a bit of additional light to the sides, which increases the field of view a bit when driving in areas that don't have streetlights.

Registered
Just got a '21 Camry XSE.... was shocked to learn afterwards that it had NO fog lights! (I thought they were standard equipment on all cars ~~) Have now spent many, many hours researching this problem as I NEED the fog lamps.... I live in the mountains!

I've read that LED headlights basically render the fogs as unneeded since they do such a great job in such weather conditions.

Has anyone out there found that to be true, please? Or do I actually have to mount a bar across the front?!?? 馃槼 馃槶
So you got the car and THEN realized it didn't have fog lights???

Also, there are aftermarket fog lights available for the '18, '19 and '20...either those lights will work for '21 or there will be some available soon.

Registered
2008 Camry SE V6
The ones that have been posted on this forum for the 2018-2020 Camrys have placed them in the lower corners of the bumpers... only on SE/XSE trims: View attachment 341152
THAT'S what I want for the TRD, as we have been discussing in my thread...I wish this was available at the dealer level as an accessory (seems ridiculous that my 08 SE came with fogs standard, yet the newer models don't; I had to add fogs to my 99 Accord Coupe as an available accessory).

Registered
2008 Camry SE V6
There is indeed an off switch. I imagine that most people just keep the exterior light switch in 'auto' mode. I never really understood why some people who hate on people who drive with fog lights on when the weather isn't poor. They aren't hurting anyone as long as they aimed properly. Some people simply like the look of fog lights, even if they don't add much actual value when driving.

I appreciate that in addition to projecting light right in front of the car, the ones on my Accord also seem to project a bit of additional light to the sides, which increases the field of view a bit when driving in areas that don't have streetlights.
I agree with you here; I don't understand why people rag on those who may drive with them on during the day. And I am one of those people who just like the look of fogs (at night) -- to me, it transforms the whole face of a sporty vehicle. It is something Toyota DEFINITELY should have included on the newer SEs, XSEs and TRDs IMO.

I keep my 08 SE's lights on "Auto," which keep the daytime running lights on during the day and switch to the lights and fogs when dark is sensed.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts