Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 Base Tacoma 4x4, 2007 Camry XLE
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I posted a grainy pic in another thread but her are today's daytime pics.

I really like this car over the LE we owned. the LE was a lot better transmission wise since I just had the TSB done on it. I even got pulled over for going to fast in a residencial area. :lol: Yes...in a I4 Camry...wierd. It kept getting away from me. ( the real cute Female Police Officer let me go with a warning...she honestly knew I "thought" it was a 35mph zone) I really like the keyless start. Mrs Dood does as well. She now doesn't HAVE to take forever fishing out her keys anymore from her bottomless pit of a purse.

So here are some pics:

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CamrySExxx said:
Very nice. I think the SE lip kit would look awesome on that car
Probably...But I have LEARNED since the LE. I am not going to add anything to this one. Mrs Dood HATED the lip spoiler...even though I liked it. I am transfering the mud flaps from the LE to this car on Monday. (If possible)...that was part of the deal I kept the All Weather Mats from the LE. Can't leave home without 'em. :cool:

No side molding on this one either. Maybe...just maybe if the price is right I will change the grill. I am transfering my After Market rims from the LE to this car though.( you can see them in the sig) I like to be able to tell my car from others in a parking lot. those rims were great for that and they look nicer then the Toyota rims. These rims now on it are "decent" but nothing special. Anyone wants to buy them off me we can come to a price...

·
2005 Camry XLE V6
Lexus ES350
284 Posts
Congratulations, looks very nice! Yup, that push button start is a really cool feature to have. But I remember tho... the first few days I had my new car, I kept reaching over to turn the keys each time I parked the car. :lol:

Will you put Navi into your car? I think that would round out the package really well.

·
ASE Master Technician
2006 Lexus GS430
2,396 Posts
Nice bug flicker you got on there!

·
The Naive Voice of Reason
2006 Lexus ES330
2,083 Posts
Nice whip. Most guys on here like a sporty interior and a sport exterior but I like a luxury interior with a sporty exterior. Your car is nice as is but I would probably have a field day adding SE components to the outside of it. Anyways.........nice looking ride and don't upset the wife. lol.

What happened with the LE?

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
05CamryGuy said:
Congratulations, looks very nice! Yup, that push button start is a really cool feature to have. But I remember tho... the first few days I had my new car, I kept reaching over to turn the keys each time I parked the car. :lol:
Will you put Navi into your car? I think that would round out the package really well.
At some point I will add a third party NAV.

Nice whip. Most guys on here like a sporty interior and a sport exterior but I like a luxury interior with a sporty exterior. Your car is nice as is but I would probably have a field day adding SE components to the outside of it. Anyways.........nice looking ride and don't upset the wife. lol.

What happened with the LE?
Same here. I like the "plusher" interior. The SE interior's are cool as shit. Overall I like the luxury feel. Same for the suspension. A lot of guy & gals here love the "Sport Suspension" over anything else. Me?...I enjoy those but, I don't want to own one. I do not want ot be all beat up and shit after a long drive.

So what was wrong with the old car :confused:
Nothing happen to it. nothing is wrong with it. It is just NOT a XLE. I just got the hesistation problem fixed and sold it that same day.
I kept the Black LE's All Weather Mats. Today I will see if they can swap off my Mud Flaps from the LE to the XLE.

·
I do all my own stunts
561 Posts
Is that a magnetic bra you have on the new one??

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No...just the Half Mask from the old one. Toyota part...

·
Lost to follow up!
96 Camry Coupes
12,154 Posts
Beautiful...Love the color! LOL It'll look even better with your other wheels on it! I say get the lip spoiler. Mrs Dood will get use to it. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
UpDate!!

Well I took my XLE into the Spartan Toyota this morning.

Talked with the Service Manager...no problem on the Sat-Radio instll, the Rim swap, the Mud Flap Swap, The Protection coats inside and out, etc...

Turns out the NEW FIX for the V6-6 speed Transmission is not a actual FIX...it is a Brand New Updated Transmission.

Yes...I repeat. Brand New UPDATED transmission. As of 1-19-07 he read off the TSB anoucement to me. So they are keeping my car of course and gave me another XLE for a loaner. Without Push Button Start...hehe It all should be done by end of business tomorrow.

I am WELL PLEASED at the level of service I am getting.

·
LEmon V6
LEmon
211 Posts
Old Dood said:
Well I took my XLE into the Spartan Toyota this morning.

Talked with the Service Manager...no problem on the Sat-Radio instll, the Rim swap, the Mud Flap Swap, The Protection coats inside and out, etc...

Turns out the NEW FIX for the V6-6 speed Transmission is not a actual FIX...it is a Brand New Updated Transmission.

Yes...I repeat. Brand New UPDATED transmission. As of 1-19-07 he read off the TSB anoucement to me. So they are keeping my car of course and gave me another XLE for a loaner. Without Push Button Start...hehe It all should be done by end of business tomorrow.

I am WELL PLEASED at the level of service I am getting.
When he said brand new - updated, exactly what did he mean? I was told I had a brand new updated tranny also. Today is 1/22, did they ship it overnight or something since the TSB came out Friday. Did he say where it came from?

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Midnight2 said:
When he said brand new - updated, exactly what did he mean? I was told I had a brand new updated tranny also. Today is 1/22, did they ship it overnight or something since the TSB came out Friday. Did he say where it came from?
Err...no! He said he will have it tomorrow. I am assuming it will be Next Day Air. He told me it is an updated Transimission.

Either way...this Service Manager has always been good to me. He drops everything to answer my calls. He likes me. I have been very kind to him as well. The rims he is swapping he just did a 4 wheel alignment on my LE on Saturday for me. He is going to do the same thing to this one as well. So the Rims exactly match the car.

·
LEmon V6
LEmon
211 Posts
Old Dood said:
Err...no! He said he will have it tomorrow. I am assuming it will be Next Day Air. He told me it is an updated Transimission.

Either way...this Service Manager has always been good to me. He drops everything to answer my calls. He likes me. I have been very kind to him as well. The rims he is swapping he just did a 4 wheel alignment on my LE on Saturday for me. He is going to do the same thing to this one as well. So the Rims exactly match the car.
Ok, I'm glad he likes you. Keep us updated. The reason I asked because when I called my service manager Saturday he said they had already replaced my tranny with a "new" one. Remember this was just last month.

If you can, please see if you can find out where the new tranny came from and when it was built. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is what the Parts Manager told me today...

The old Transmission's part number started out with: 30500-XXXXX

The new Transmission they are getting in starts with: 30510-XXXXX

It is coming from Cincinnati, OH. on truck and will be there tomorrow.

·
Streaker
2013 Sunset Bronze T
1,804 Posts
Nice car, but that half-bra gotta go. Put the rest of it on or take that off. Just my opnion. Incidentally I have the full for my SE, I just haven't gotte n around to installing it due to weather and prior commitments. :disappoin

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Streaker said:
Nice car, but that half-bra gotta go. Put the rest of it on or take that off. Just my opnion. Incidentally I have the full for my SE, I just haven't gotte n around to installing it due to weather and prior commitments. :disappoin
I hear ya...but it is paid for and it does protect it from stone chips. Something I get frequently driving 70 miles to work.

1 - 20 of 168 Posts