Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The doors no longer stay open when the vehicle is on an incline, as the door checks are worn out. Toyota list price is $120 each for the door checks. Cheapest I could find was about $65 delivered on Partsouq. Dorman aftermarket door check gets abysmal reviews, so that's not an option.

I decided to try the repair kit I found on eBay. It took 3 months to get here from Russia, but I think the pandemic slowed down shipping quite a bit.

Overall, an easy repair and worked well. Video is embedded below. I did not show how to remove the door panel, since there are a bazillion good videos on that already.

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Camry, 2017 Toyota Camry, and many many more lol
258 Posts
Wow nice as a professional mechanic I have never heard it referred to as a door check lol so that’s cool to know that, that is the proper name for it now

·
Registered
2003 Highlander
658 Posts
Hoosier: Hey thanks for the info and great video. Mine have been bad for quite some time. Gonna order the kit today. All the best, Haya....👍

Edit: I placed the order on the eBay. Arrival date: October 8. Hehe. I suppose two months is better than three months...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts