Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having issues with the driverside door unlocking. tried disconnecting the battery to turn the key but it feels like its binding somewhere in there. anybody know a way to get the door opened so i can get inside of it and tear the damn thing apart?

·
Registered
165 Posts
It has been a while since I've removed a door panel on my mr2, but I will look at it tomorrow and post up how many screws there are and where they are located. But iirc there are 4 or 5 screws, one on the door handle, one on the front of the panel, and two or three on the botom

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i can barely turn the key to get it to release. cant unlock the door to get it open so i cant take the door panel off to get inside and check all the mechanisims =\

·
Registered
165 Posts
So you cannot open the door at all?

·
Registered
92 Mr2 turbo GTS jdm
22 Posts
My drivers door wont unlock also. I just unlock the passenger side, and this unlocks both doors. Also when locking the car, when i push the manual lock from the inside, it will automatically unlock once the door closes. My mr2 is rhd so people must think i forgot which side i drive on everytime i go to get into it, haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts