Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
My T100, work in progress
96 T100
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out here know if I can change by manual door locks on my T100 to power door locks using the kits they sell on ebay? I know I can change my passenger side lock while I am at it (it was screwed up when I bought it) but I am also sick of reaching across the big cab with a bad back to unlock for passengers. please let me know any info. they say they will work as long as the locks arent cable operated.

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,469 Posts
Yes...they should work fine. The operation of the locks are not by cable in the Toyotas... :D

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,469 Posts
If all yer looking fer is to put on some powered locks and wireless isn't really that much of a deal, you could go fer these $5.50 actuators... ;)

I'm sure there are actuators that are even cheaper than that...just don't have the links at my finger tips... ;)

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,469 Posts
None of the auctions you have listed come with any manual switches. They all have a wireless controller. One auction doesn't even include the remotes.

You could easily put the wired switches where the coin holders are since all you really want it fer is unlocking the door so you don't have to reach over. If yer really concerned about "looks" you could git panels or the power package doors from the yard and put those on there instead. ;)

·
My T100, work in progress
96 T100
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol I noticed no switches after I posted them. I am looking into this now.

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,469 Posts
In order to use manual switches you'll have to git a $3 30amp relay (per door if you want separate controls) and a DPDT momentary switch. I would just git the switches at the yard... ;)

...and maybe more wire. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts