Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 1996 Corolla XLi. The driver side door won't unlock from the outside with a key. Or lock for that matter. I have to open the car at the passenger side and then unlock the driver door from there with my hand.

Can anyone help me to fix it? Starting with removing the doors interior panel. I am finding it difficult to remove the panel. The car is not alarmed, nor does it have airbags, though there is a speaker in the door panel.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The lock was always a bit difficult. I used to have to wiggle the key. Don't think it turns? But since I've always had to wiggle the key since I bought the car 2 years ago and now it won't open at all, would that suggest an internal problem? And if it is ice, and I guess it could be, would it not just thaw out after a while? Excuse me if I'm being naive!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I got door lock de-icer and lubricant and sprayed it into the lock. It still doesn't work, but it does look like it's trying. I would say it was always trying. It kind of moves when I try to turn it, but it just won' turn. ANy ideas?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello again. Well the Door Lock Barrel is finished. It simply won't work. It's broken for good. I need a new one. Can I get one in Halfords? I have an NCT on wednesday. A National Car Test. Where can I get a lock and Barrel for my 96 Corolla xli in a hurry? I guess many different types of lock will fit? Can anyone help?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts