Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Learn to Swim...
96 Camaro, 94 Camry
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 94 camry coupe that i bought a couple of months ago and here is my situation...

The car came with one key that works for the ignition and the trunk, however does not unlock the doors. The doors look orignal, and I'm pretty sure there not replaced...was I supposed to get a door key, or can the door locks be jammed or something?

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
sounds like there's something wrong with the door locks...

and that's the strangest thing I've ever heard...lol.

If it was a valet key, it would be able to open the doors and turn on the ignition, but NOT open the trunk or the glovebox

on that note, does the key open your glovebox?

·
Official TN user
95 Camry V6 LE
1,053 Posts
On my 95 camry my ignition key works for the drivers door and the trunk, but to unlock the passenger door I have a different key. I'm not sure about your car but maybe your drivers door has been replaced, try jiggling the key and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
Try spraying some graphite from the auto store in it, and just doing that and jiggling it for a hell long time. They may just have seized up.

·
Learn to Swim...
96 Camaro, 94 Camry
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cant test on the glove box b/c the glove box is messed up...

the key i have is kinda shitty...it almost looks like a blank key and must be really worn down, the car was in a front end crash, but hadn't been repainted so they wouldn't have replaced the doors and just repainted the doors and leave the front end smashed up and with the same paint as the doors. The power door locks don't work and neither do the power windows...I'm going to a toyota dealer and getting a key made withe the vin number to see if that will help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts