Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Seems like the only thing they forgot was the push in clip on the outer portion of the door panel. You push in the inner part and pull the whole thing out. Also, if you have a panel puller, start at a bottom corner and work around until all the clips are released.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Seems like the only thing they forgot was the push in clip on the outer portion of the door panel. You push in the inner part and pull the whole thing out. Also, if you have a panel puller, start at a bottom corner and work around until all the clips are released.
Would you happen to know what the exact name of that plastic push in clip is and what the toyota part number for it is? (In the video above, the guy refers to it as a pin at
) Unfortunately, after taking the door panel off, when it came time to putting it back on, the guy helping me slammed his first against it thinking it needed to be punched in and broke it. So looking for a replacement now.

Update:
I think the part number I may need is 904670706622 (2001 Toyota Camry LE (VIN: JT2BF22K) 3.0L AT Cap; clip - 904670706622 - Genuine Toyota Part), which Toyota calls "CAP; CLIP". Not sure what color this is though as I imagine it should come in different colors to match the various interior trim colors.

Found another part number 9046707066P1 that seems similar (2001 Toyota Camry LE (VIN: JT2BF22K) 3.0L AT Clip. For front door trim board; for rear door trim board. Dk.charcoal - 9046707066P1 - Genuine Toyota Part). This one's name is "CLIP". Not sure what the difference between this and 904670706622 is. Maybe just the color? For Front Door Panel Glass parts (FRONT DOOR PANEL & GLASS. 2001 Toyota Camry LE (VIN: JT2BF22K) 3.0L AT | Toyota), it lists both as having # 67601B, but they have different part numbers. I'm confused what the difference between # and Part Number is on Toyota's parts site.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just the pin piece. White bracket the pin goes into is still fine.

It seems that part number 904670706622 is black color based on a few photos on the web I've been able to find. Not sure about 9046707066P1 as I can't find any photos for this. The description on Toyota's parts site for this includes "DK.CHARCOAL" but also "DK.SAGE ". Sage is a greenish color so charcoal / sage doesn't make sense.

I am needing a grey colored pin to match the original one I had. I think a different part number actually corresponds to the grey color - 9046707066B0 (2001 Toyota Camry LE (VIN: JT2BF22K) 3.0L AT Door Interior Trim Panel Cap (Front, Rear). Clip (Door Trim Board). MEDIUM - 9046707066B0 - Genuine Toyota Part). Toyota names this as "Door Interior Trim Panel Cap (Front, Rear)". Weird how they give different names to all these.

All these pin parts that seem to be the same but with different colors have a MSRP under $2, but with shipping/tax, the total cost would be closer to $10. Seems a lot for one tiny plastic piece. I would be ok buying a generic piece of any color for a couple bucks, but not sure where to get one that has the exact fit. So maybe I just got to pay the price to buy one of the Toyota OEM parts, and if I do that, might as well try to get the right matching color.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just realized that on the web site of certain Toyota dealerships, it's possible to order parts for pickup at the dealership to avoid any shipping charge. The web site of the closest dealership to me doesn't support ordering parts online at all, but another one that's not too far away and that's in an area where I sometimes shop does and has the local pickup option. So that's what I'm going to do to get the ~$1 part I need (part number 9046707066B0) and avoid paying a jacked up shipping charge for it.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts