Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Toyota Junkie
Toyota-Avalon
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Avalon 1995. The left door is making a clicking sound, coming from somewhere inside of it. I suspect, it's the door itself that is making the sound, because of a poor adjustment and alignment with the body, as the upper edge of it extrudes a bit (about 4 mm, noticeable), in comparison with the rear door on the same side. The question is - are doors adjustable? If yes, how can I adjust the door so that it is aligned properly with the body and quits torturing me with those sounds? :). Thanks.

·
Moving Forward
3,144 Posts
It is possible the hinges or the mounts where the hinges are connected tot he door are bad. As for adjusting them I dont remeber ever adjsuting them when I was working for Toyota. I know on older domestics you can add or remove shims to where the mounting bolts are.I have never really paid much attention to the Toyotas though since I have never had to worry about this problem. COuld also be the door latch mechanism. It has come loose from it mounting points in the door or the door jamb and not allowing the door to close correctly. Has the car been inan accident that may be causing this to happen.

·
Toyota Junkie
Toyota-Avalon
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. No, the car has not been in an accident. And yes, my book about Camry says the same about shims :), however, it also says one can adjust the door by loosening some bolts and tightening them again after adjustment and to use the shims if such kind of adjustment doesn't work. I took a very close look to the hinges, and am very embarrassed as of how this can be adjusted. Nevertheless, thanks for the answer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts