Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Toyota Junkie
Toyota-Avalon
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Avalon 1995. The left door is making a clicking sound, coming from somewhere inside of it. I suspect, it's the door itself that is making the sound, because of a poor adjustment and alignment with the body, as the upper edge of it extrudes a bit (about 4 mm, noticeable), in comparison with the rear door on the same side. The question is - are doors adjustable? If yes, how can I adjust the door so that it is aligned properly with the body and quits torturing me with those sounds? :). Thanks.

·
Toyota Junkie
Toyota-Avalon
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. No, the car has not been in an accident. And yes, my book about Camry says the same about shims :), however, it also says one can adjust the door by loosening some bolts and tightening them again after adjustment and to use the shims if such kind of adjustment doesn't work. I took a very close look to the hinges, and am very embarrassed as of how this can be adjusted. Nevertheless, thanks for the answer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.