Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 DC that has remote door lock but no security system. I have found the doors unlocked several times when I am sure that it was locked when parked. At first I thought maybe the key fob might be getting activated, but if this were the case, the doors will relock if not opened.
Has anyone else experienced this?
I think taking it to the dealer would likely be a waste of time unless it can be duplicated or is a known issue (TSB).

·
Native Oregonian
07 Tacoma DC LB TRD
785 Posts
Haven't experienced it here. Thats strange. I'd take it to the dealer anyways. The reciever could be pickin up some kinda interference I suppose, but highly unlikely considering the encryption in the system. Thats WIERD.

Is it wet out? Could a wire be getting damp and maybe cross-shorting?

·
Premium Member
Was a 05 Tacoma 4x4 DC LB
14,138 Posts
Haven't heard of anyone experiencing that. But we had an '04 Sienna that would lock itself...even if the keys were in the ignition (engine off) while outside the vehicle. Luckily, we either had someone inside the vehicle to unlock the doors or the back hatch was open when it did it. For that reason alone, we never, ever leave the keys inside if shutting the door!

Of course, the dealer couldn't find anything wrong with it. So I agree, no point in taking it in unless you can duplicate it.

·
Registered
2008 Tacoma Dlb Cab
197 Posts
When this happens, are you in the same basic location? If so, you're probably picking up a signal from another source.

·
Native Oregonian
07 Tacoma DC LB TRD
785 Posts
When this happens, are you in the same basic location? If so, you're probably picking up a signal from another source.
Very likely. You don't live next to a radar site do you? I've seen radars screw with ALOT of stuff, including cell phones, and I almost always hear the radar bleepin through an FM radio, and I'm sure our remotes are around the same freq.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have only noticed this issue 2-3 times, and always at my house. If someone else had the same remote freq. as I do, shouldnt the doors just relock after 30 seconds if the door is not opened, as it does with my remote? I dont live near any commercial/ industrial areas or near any transmission towers that I know of, I guess I should look around for any new towers.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Probably some top secret flight or test out at Kirkland

·
Premium Member
14,138 Posts
I have only noticed this issue 2-3 times, and always at my house. If someone else had the same remote freq. as I do, shouldnt the doors just relock after 30 seconds if the door is not opened, as it does with my remote? I dont live near any commercial/ industrial areas or near any transmission towers that I know of, I guess I should look around for any new towers.
You're absolutely correct. They would relock after 30 seconds. That's a clue that tells you either they weren't locked in the first place or something happened. You're absolutely sure they were locked?

For the rest of the uneducated (j/k)...Toyotas will relock the doors 30 seconds after something triggers them to unlock if you don't open a door. It's a nice safety feature. If you lock your truck and put the keys in your pocked/purse and something bumps it to unlock the doors, it will automatically relock for you. Same goes if someone else's remote accidentally unlocks your vehicle.

Hmmm, I wonder how many are going to now go out and try this...LOL
Seriously, it is true.

·
Premium Member
14,138 Posts
So if you unlock the door with the key fob but don't open it, it relocks itself?

I might go try this. I might. :lol:
It does it with the remote. Not sure if it does it using the key in the door (I think it does though). And if I remember correctly, I think it even does it from inside. If your doors are locked and you unlock them from inside but don't open the door, I think it relocks after 30 seconds too. Shoot, now I have to try it from inside the truck to see if my memory is correct!

·
Native Oregonian
07 Tacoma DC LB TRD
785 Posts
It does it with the remote. Not sure if it does it using the key in the door (I think it does though). And if I remember correctly, I think it even does it from inside. If your doors are locked and you unlock them from inside but don't open the door, I think it relocks after 30 seconds too. Shoot, now I have to try it from inside the truck to see if my memory is correct!
As long as they key is not in the ignition, I believe it relocks. Sucks if you leave your keys in there, I always wondered about that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts