Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At first I didn't think I would want the double cab, I don't have kids and I don't need it. But now I'm going to get the doubel cab,I think it just looks better and it will have more space if I want to haul stuff in the inside the truck. Really to me its more like a bigger access cab. I just love the look of the double, I don' t like the look of the crew cab as much. I test drove a reg cab, I know the double cab is heavery,but its not that much more. Hopefully the truck I'm looking at will come in this week 5.7 big ass V8, 4X4 DC with sport package,,buckett seats, and 18inch alloy wheels,Just a sweet ass looking truck,and lots of other extras,that I didn't list. MSRP is like 34,000 something selling price is 31,500 something. So not a bad deal, all the other dealers seem to be selling at high prices,but the Toyota I deal with does better than Edmunds.com True market price.

What about the rest of you? Do you like the looks of the double cab,reg cab or crew cab better? They are all 3 kick ass trucks that will haul ass!!!!

YotaYarisUSA

·
GO PATRIOTS!
2007 Tundra
8,676 Posts
I bought a regular cab in 03 (Silverado), lived by myself, no kids....but then I inheireted a few kids and now have one on the way. The 07 DC is a good size and still has a decent bed , unlike the CrewMax. I think the DC looks the best (I also thought the AC on prev models looked better also), Crewmax looks a little funny, but that just my opinion. G/L with the truck

·
Registered
735 Posts
I like the looks of regular cab trucks as well (in general for all makes), but when it came to buy a truck you can't beat an extended or crew cab truck. Unless you get a stripper V-6 truck there is essentially almost no fuel mileage difference between a v-8 reg cab and a v-8 crew cab. I have two dogs and my girlfriend. It's really nice to be able to pack camping stuff or all my dog's stuff in the cab and not have to deal with tarps and stuff if it rains. Plus, you can take all you're frinds places. My truck has taken a group of people on 4 or 5 road trips.

Go double cab, you won't regret it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was wondering about the whole double cab/regular cab thing too. However, I'm leaning towards the reg. Personally, the reg cab with 6.5' box looks best and I'm really looking for a basic work truck as I have access to my girlfriend's camry if needed.

Since I haven't had the chance to see the Tundra for myself yet, would anyone care to comment on the room behind the seats in the reg cab? In the pictures I've seen, it seems like there's actually quite a bit of room back there - enough for dogs/gear.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The price difference between the two after options is not really that much. I think you will enjoy the double cab when it is pouring rain or snowing and you have something you don't want to get ruined. I have an 05 access cab and it has come in handy more than once. For example I can store my fishing pole in back 24/7 and no one knows its there due to the factory tint. Fishing pole, shotgun, christmas packages baby toys, dog (so he is not in the front), wife (when she is not being cooperative) etc. Just kidding about the wife of coarse. I do love the looks of the regular cab........but then again I really like the looks of the double cab.

·
Registered
196 Posts
oh..........and no offense to any crewmax buyers, but I just don't get the whole crewmax deal. I guess one of the reasons I have a truck is to have a truck. What I mean is that I use the bed probably more often than I can passengers, besides my 1 year old daughter. So having a shorter bed and no option for a long bed is just not feasable. I would never even consider it, besides IMO it is just downright funny looking. Not funny like a weiner dog but funny like perverted, redneck, kissin cousins.

·
Registered
06RERUNNER SPORT
87 Posts
I went with the regular cab 5.7 4x4,,,,Tundra grade,,, rubber floors and all....there is more than enuff room behind the seat for me and my daughter,,,and I feel it looks better than the dbl cab,,,,,I did add a painted grille and will paint the bumpers to match,,,,

·
Registered
19 Posts
PRERUNNERSPT said:
I went with the regular cab 5.7 4x4,,,,Tundra grade,,, vynak floors and all....there is more tgan enuff room behind the seat for me and my daughter,,,and I feel it looks better than the dbl cab,,,,,I dis add a painted grille and will paint the bumpers to match,,,,
Very nice. This is exactly the truck that I want. Same colour, configuration, etc. right down to the steel(?) wheels... i.e. a work truck.

Going along with bjdinnebier's question, can you tell us more about the space behind the seats? Thanks very much and enjoy your new truck!

P.S. bjdinnebier, some people (e.g. my father-in-law) buy trucks for use as a towing vehicle and don't care much for a big bed. I guess that's what the crewmax might be for. But I agree that I'd hate to buy such a large truck and not be able to carry anything substantial out back.

·
Registered
06RERUNNER SPORT
87 Posts
bjdinnebier said:
When you say there is enough room behind the seat for you and your daughter......do you mean for storage?
Yes i mean storage wise... i had a 29 gallon fish tank back there and was still able to have a passenger with me....

·
Registered
18 Posts
The space behind the seat is large/wide enough to hold a cooler, a couple of suitcases, more room than any other brand. I favor the short bed regular cab for style. I use my truck as a sport truck, every day driver. Presently I drive a F-150, but will be ordering once I see them offering deals, which will probably coincide with raising gas prices this summer.

·
Taco4life
06Prerunnerlbsport
199 Posts
Hey do you think you can post pics of the center console. In the regular cab, does the shifter come on the steering column or on the center console? Also how much did you pay otd? I dream about having your truck. Sport appearance package?

PRERUNNERSPT said:
Yes i mean storage wise... i had a 29 gallon fish tank back there and was still able to have a passenger with me....

·
Registered
06RERUNNER SPORT
87 Posts
No this is not a sport ,,I put in a factory painted sport grilee,,,,Toyota is not going to offer this color as a sport...I got a grille before they scraped them,,,

This truck has no power locks or windows,,,i added variable intermitent wipers ,,,

·
Registered
196 Posts
stimp1000 said:
Very nice. This is exactly the truck that I want. Same colour, configuration, etc. right down to the steel(?) wheels... i.e. a work truck.

Going along with bjdinnebier's question, can you tell us more about the space behind the seats? Thanks very much and enjoy your new truck!

P.S. bjdinnebier, some people (e.g. my father-in-law) buy trucks for use as a towing vehicle and don't care much for a big bed. I guess that's what the crewmax might be for. But I agree that I'd hate to buy such a large truck and not be able to carry anything substantial

out back.
Thanks for the reply. I actually just asked a crew max thread about why they would purchase the crewmax. I guess being locked in my own little world I did not consider towing and passengers. Makes sense.........

·
07 Tundra DC 5.7 4WD TRD
406 Posts
I was waiting on the CrewMax but went ahead and did a deal on a DoubleCab SR5 4X4 w/ TRD package and the 6.5ft bed. I tow a boat alot in the summer and will have passengers from time to time. It's just me and and the wife alot so I didn't get the Max. The DoubleCab is a good choice for me for 33K. Got the 5.7, chrome stepbars and few other goodies, so I'm happy with the deal...the CrewMax would probably be several thousand more. Hopefully the truck will be in this week or next. What is good about the new Tundra's, besides all the mechanical upgrades, is the variety of ways to set it up! 3 beds, 3 cabs...but in my opinion only one engine...the 5.7!!

·
07 Tundra DC 5.7 4WD TRD
406 Posts
I was waiting on the CrewMax but went ahead and did a deal on a DoubleCab SR5 4X4 w/ TRD package and the 6.5ft bed. I tow a boat alot in the summer and will have passengers from time to time. It's just me and and the wife alot so I didn't get the Max. The DoubleCab is a good choice for me for 33K. Got the 5.7, chrome stepbars and few other goodies, so I'm happy with the deal...the CrewMax would probably be several thousand more. Hopefully the truck will be in this week or next. What is good about the new Tundra's, besides all the mechanical upgrades, is the variety of ways to set it up! 3 beds, 3 cabs...but in my opinion only one engine...the 5.7!!

·
07 Tundra DC 5.7 4WD TRD
406 Posts

1 - 18 of 18 Posts