Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
only look proportional with a long bed. the double cab short bed might as well be an el camino or a ... RIDGELINE. :lol:

·
Registered
344 Posts
That's like saying that only brunette women can be sex symbols. Matter of opinion.

I happen to believe just the opposite, and I'm all for blondes, brunettes or redheads. :naughty:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Like an el camino? BS..el caminos were 2 seaters with a bed that made the beds look long. DC short beds look awesome. DC long beds look awesome too...just l o n g e r.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, you got me on the el camino bit. I still think side view of a double cab short bed looks fawnky though. :)

·
Banned
2,779 Posts
^ They look much, much better with a 3" lift. It somehow evens it out.

The problem seems to be that the dog house looks longer than the bed, and the cab looks longer than the dog house (on a dc). IMO, I think a good solution would be to make 1 frame length for dc's, somewhere between the long and short, and shorten the front fender on all models. Would actually look more "camino-ish", but in a good way.

·
Engine 80 is in service
'10 FJ Cruiser 4x4
1,040 Posts
I guess it's a good thing I didn't buy mine based on what jody thinks. :eek::

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've noticed that alot of you guys have double cab short beds so I didn't think I would offend anybody. ;)

·
Engine 80 is in service
'10 FJ Cruiser 4x4
1,040 Posts
lZl jody lZl said:
I've noticed that alot of you guys have double cab short beds so I didn't think I would offend anybody. ;)
It's ok. Some of us speak sarcasm as a second language.

You should look for the short bed vs. long bed thread from a couple of weeks ago. It was comedy GOLD! :lol:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was right there with ya on the sarcasm.
This long bed vs short bed battle sounds like a must-read. :)

·
1nDu57r14L 74c0
'06 Tacoma dbl 4x4
115 Posts
I thought the long bed on a dbl cab looked disproportionate, so I got a shortbed. w/towing package it'll haul what I need it to. If I needed a longbed I would've got a Tundra:dunno:

·
Don't mess with the Blue
'06 DC Sport TRD
1,809 Posts
I don't see why people don't like the short beds. I love mine. But, at the same time, I love the way long beds look. I think they both have their own appeal to them.

·
Toyota Parts Manager
138 Posts
Shortbeds look like someone took a sawsall to a long bed and chopped it off right in front of the fender flare (frame and all) and then welded it back together a foot shorter.

Just doesn't look "finished".

That being said, ANY Tacoma, with the exception of the 2wd reg cab models, look awesome. I just prefer the long beds and that's what I got!

EDIT: And the long bed isn't too long when the vehicle you owned before was a 2004 new body-style F-150 Supercab. :lol:

·
Registered
160 Posts
lZl jody lZl said:
only look proportional with a long bed. the double cab short bed might as well be an el camino or a ... RIDGELINE. :lol:

Wow, thats funny cause ur girl doesnt seem to mind the shorter bed.......she fits juuust right

·
WAX museum.
2005 Tacoma
1,390 Posts
yeah you don't need a LOT of space when you keep them on all fours.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just kiddin, but really everyone is entitled to their opinions....so heres mine:

I agree if u want a long bed and need to be hauling stuff, just man up and go buy a fullsize truck with a v8 in it and quit hating on the short bed. Doesnt look right to have the long bed and knowing theres just the six banger under the hood. Its a midsize truck and thats what i wanted.

·
WAX museum.
2005 Tacoma
1,390 Posts
People that don't use utility trailers are in the dark.

NO vehicle needs a bed.

"Old Chinese proverb"-------You never realize how much you need a trailer until you buy one, or sell one.

·
Toyota Parts Manager
138 Posts
bigbluetaco said:
Just kiddin, but really everyone is entitled to their opinions....so heres mine:

I agree if u want a long bed and need to be hauling stuff, just man up and go buy a fullsize truck with a v8 in it and quit hating on the short bed. Doesnt look right to have the long bed and knowing theres just the six banger under the hood. Its a midsize truck and thats what i wanted.
If I wanted to get 12 - 15 miles to the gallon and also have the shell out $80 - $100 to fill up a 30 gallon tank every week, then I would have got another full size, probably another F150.

BUT,

I chose fuel economy and cheaper fill-ups and also the better looking truck. I have a boat and do a lot of summer activites that require a longer bed unless i want the skis and fishing poles hang out over the sides.

Oh... Did I forget to mention that MY little V6 has 4 more horsepower than the 4.6 liter V8 in my old 2004 F150??? So the engine size is not a factor. It still tows my 3000lb Bayliner without a problem.

There's a lot of reasons people NEED the long bed in a midsize truck.

Mine are just a few examples.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Funny thing is i actually own A 79 Elcamino Super Sport! And A 05 double cab tacoma.
I dont think they look anything alike, LOL! :lol:

·
3SGTE & 1GRFE
MR2 Turbo, Taco Dcab
793 Posts
the TRD Off Road package wasn't available with a long bed. end of story for me.

-Mike

1 - 20 of 37 Posts