Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
My Dixie Wrecked
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, next weekend (june 26, 27) is the MSOC Solo 2 double header weekend. Both events are being held at the Hershey Centre in mississauga. Entry fee is $30, that includes a Licks burger*, and a drink for lunch! (*Your choice of beef, chicken or veggie)

The saturday event is part of the Push It To the Limit series, and the sunday event is part of the Ontario Regional series. I'm going to be there both days. If anybody comes on the saturday, you'll be in for a special treat because I'll give ride-alongs to anyone who asks. The regional event on sunday will be better for watching because that's when all the really fast guys will show up. But I won't give rides on sunday (except during fun-runs), because my car is so low on power, it really slows me down, and I'm trying to compete for points in the regional series, so I need every ounce of speed I can get.

Anyways, I really suggest you come out for at one of the two days. It'll be really great fun, it doesn't matter if you're there to compete or just spectate, these events are so much fun!

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
You Canadians have all the fun:( I have to drive 3 hours to the nearest solo 2. And that ins't for a month. Not to mention not having any tracks in the area (for rallycross).

How far is ontario from MN?:)

·
My Dixie Wrecked
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know what city you're from, so I just guessed.
It's about 920 miles.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
:(
And I wanted a ride along *tear*

I guess I'll just have to wait till the rally cross at the start of next month:(

·
My Dixie Wrecked
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You don't have to sign up in advance.
Registration is from 8:00-9:30

·
There is no substitute.
8,027 Posts
I'm totally itching to run this one.

How's their track layout? My baby doesn't like tight tracks.

Wedge you got tools I can borrow? :D

·
My Dixie Wrecked
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Stephen Tong designs all the courses for that venue. That lot is pretty limiting, but he does a great job at the course designs. Their usually not that fast, but neither are they very tight. Their always great flowing courses.

What kind of tools are you in need of?

·
My Dixie Wrecked
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just a reminder to all that this is happening, THIS weekend.
And it turns out, this is going to be THE biggest Solo 2 of the year!
At the regional event on sunday, there's going to be tons of sponsors, and potential series sponsors on-hand, showcasing their products, and probably entering some cars as well. Toyo Tire is supposed to have a tent set up, Mobil 1 will be there, Williams Performance Friction, Roto-tech, Tokico, Wheel&Tire Zone.
Oh yeah, and the most important part: Special incentive for all the ladies out there! There are now contingency prizes for the top placing female competitors.
So guys, you know what that means... much larger than usual female turnout! :hititsign :D

So if you plan on coming out to any of these events, it better bloody-well be this one! :thumbsup:

·
My Dixie Wrecked
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There's still one more day tomorrow. And I guarantee it will be even better for the same price!

·
Registered
643 Posts
more fun to watch on sunday but i am guessing it will be crazy busy with people and ars trying to get laps in.

·
Registered
643 Posts
wedge what happened
broke something
or just slow
it must be the camber
so how did you do dixon any O/C i got 3
times?

oh yah who's site are we supposed to check the posted times on?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts