Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Toyota Corolla GTS
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know. Lately i noticed that sometimes after having the engine running for a long time it comes a moment when it just goes down to 1000RPM. The thing is when sometimes when i turn it off nd have 2 go out again later when i start it does but the oil press meter sometimes just rises 2 the middle, it doesnt raise more till u accelerate a lil bit. Is this normal of the 4AGE or something wrong or on time to change?

·
Registered
Corolla & Avensis
723 Posts
Sounds normal...what did the meter read before than?

The oilpump is on the crank, so if you rev the engine, the pump works harder and the pressure goes up ;)

·
Registered
Toyota Corolla GTS
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well normaly when i start it always read high..as time passes when it heats to normal temp when its on idle it goes down a lil almost to half. And sometimes when i start up it reads a lil below half but doesnt rises till I start accelerate or start driving

·
AE92DX 4AFTE
ae92
1,749 Posts
completley normal with most cars

·
Registered
Corolla & Avensis
723 Posts
It's normal...when you have a cold start, the oil is still thicker (so oil pressure will be a bit higher) and needs to run a while to operating temperatures where the oil is more liquid.
And as I mentioned before...when you rev it, the pressure goes up because the pump works harder etc.

Nothing to worry about as far as I can tell ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts