Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Toyota Corolla GTS
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know. Lately i noticed that sometimes after having the engine running for a long time it comes a moment when it just goes down to 1000RPM. The thing is when sometimes when i turn it off nd have 2 go out again later when i start it does but the oil press meter sometimes just rises 2 the middle, it doesnt raise more till u accelerate a lil bit. Is this normal of the 4AGE or something wrong or on time to change?

·
Registered
Toyota Corolla GTS
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well normaly when i start it always read high..as time passes when it heats to normal temp when its on idle it goes down a lil almost to half. And sometimes when i start up it reads a lil below half but doesnt rises till I start accelerate or start driving

·
Registered
Corolla & Avensis
736 Posts
It's normal...when you have a cold start, the oil is still thicker (so oil pressure will be a bit higher) and needs to run a while to operating temperatures where the oil is more liquid.
And as I mentioned before...when you rev it, the pressure goes up because the pump works harder etc.

Nothing to worry about as far as I can tell ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.